Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 39,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy 7-inch Tab 2 GT-P3100 stuck in endless boot sequence

Tip us?

whymail
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Galaxy 7-inch Tab 2 GT-P3100 stuck in endless boot sequence

Hi,

I am from Bombay, India & I have a 7-inch Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3100

After much thought I decided to root it today & I am regretting it now

I read about the rooting procedure on various threads on the forum, watched loads of videos online and yet have failed:
1. I have download ODIN & Tried to root the device using the “CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5” file
2. ODIN flashed the device correctly as the left-side bottom corner status window in ODIN showed Success – the ODIN windows right above the one that shows the [ID: COM 9] also displayed “PASS” in green color after the Tab restarted.
3. However, after the Tab restarted – displayed the splash screen on bootup & its stuck there

I have followed instructions by the letter, on thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957160 by @Chainfire however I guess I’ve messed it up.

Referring couple of posts & videos on how to get out of the endless boot sequence is not showing any specific & understandable way for a resolve.

As the last resource, I am downloading “P3100DDCNA3_P3100ODDCNB1_INU.zip” from sammobile.com I will attempt to load the file in ODIN & try to salvage my Tab so that it is usable again.

Humble request for someone to please help me in getting the Tab to boot & work again the way it should – either rooted or otherwise.

Many thanks _/\_

whymail
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
after i flashed the tab via ODIN, the tab screen displayed a Red Colored Droid on it and the following lines appeared on the screen:
=====================================
Copyright (C) 2011-2014 Chainfire

Detecting devices...
- Recovery: /dev/block/mmcblkp6
- System: /dev/block/mmcblkp9
- Cache: /dev/block/mmcblkp7
- Data: /dev/block/mmcblkp10

Mounting...
- system
- data
- cache

- Rooting (Super SU)
- Restoring stock recovery...
- Cleaning Up...
- Formatting Cache...
- Use "Triangle Away" to reset flash counter if needed!
- Rebooting in 10 seconds...
=====================================

And after the Tab restarts, it simply freezes displaying "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 GT-P3100" on it.

If i boot it in Download mode [Power + Volume Down] the only options it shows on screen to me are:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-P3100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES (12 COUNTS)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
A GREEN colored Droid appears below with "Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!"
on the screen.

I guess i have fried it up real bad.

Any advice, pointers? Anyone?

Win_Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
If i boot it in Download mode [Power + Volume Down] the only options it shows on screen to me are:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-P3100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES (12 COUNTS)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
A GREEN colored Droid appears below with "Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!"
on the screen.
I think you've just screwed up the OS, not the device. Using the instructions on this page: wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_p3100 , you can install Clockworkmod on your device, and then install a custom ROM.
If you have a recovery already installed, make sure to perform "wipe cache" after a new ROM install. That clears up bootloop in many cases.

whymail
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@Win_Killer : thanks man... i tried that url already before posting the request here & i screwed up there too.
anyway, long story short... i flashed the device w/ stock rom downloaded from sammobile.com for my zone & that finally worked...
at last, even though the device is in non-rooted state, it is @least usable now *phew*
what a breather!