Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Messaging App

OP ILowry282

2nd June 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
I am looking for a 3rd party messaging app that has ALL of the following features

Contact picture in Notification Shade
Quick reply from directly from Notification Shade (not a pop up feature)
Individual message tones

If anyone knows of one I would appreciate it. Thanks.
3rd June 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Doesn't Handcent do all that?
3rd June 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Doesn't Handcent do all that?

Handcent does not allow you to reply directly from the notification shade.
3rd June 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ten.slidingmms

I think this

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd June 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #5  
WTFunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 95
 
261 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Re: Messaging App
Textra has the best implementation of quick reply from notification that I can think of. It also includes the other features your looking for.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.textra
3rd June 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFunk

Textra has the best implementation of quick reply from notification that I can think of. It also includes the other features your looking for.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.textra

I was using Textra. It does not allow you to reply from the notification shade.
3rd June 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2.2v

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ten.slidingmms

I think this

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

CM Messaging doesn't allow you to have separate notification tones.
3rd June 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #8  
jlevy73's Avatar
Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,307
 
9,269 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282

I am looking for a 3rd party messaging app that has ALL of the following features

Contact picture in Notification Shade
Quick reply from directly from Notification Shade (not a pop up feature)
Individual message tones

If anyone knows of one I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm not sure one messaging app does all that. But check out 8sms, chomp sms or glowfly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes