Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 51,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Confused about video playback - Tab 3 10.1

Tip us?

zambeezi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Confused about video playback - Tab 3 10.1

Hi.

I've recently got the Tab 3 and love it. Only problem at the moment is MP4 playback. I have MP4 files that plays on my PC (VLC) and plays on my S4 (VLC) but it does not play on my Tab (also VLC)... I've tried about 8 movie players and all have the same problem. All my other MP4 files work on all my devices.

Out of ideas.
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

AEVAREX
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have been using mobo player by mobo team for a long time. So far I think I've run into one file extention that did not play right away, and all I had to do is add the extention type to the player through it's options and viola it played. I even play my audiobooks through it as it saves position on exit and allows screen off while continuing to play. Good luck.

zambeezi
Old
(Last edited by zambeezi; 2nd June 2014 at 11:53 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEVAREX View Post
I have been using mobo player by mobo team for a long time. So far I think I've run into one file extention that did not play right away, and all I had to do is add the extention type to the player through it's options and viola it played. I even play my audiobooks through it as it saves position on exit and allows screen off while continuing to play. Good luck.
I'll give that a quick go, thanks.

Nope - still not playing those files
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

zambeezi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Solved!

It's my sd card that corrupts the files... Just transfered the same files to the internal storage and it plays just fine. Weird that only some files gets corrupted
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210