Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Speaker problem

OP indospot

2nd June 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Pombal
Thanks Meter: 29

151 posts
More
The back speaker on my Ace stopped working. I don't know when it happened. Last time I listened to music today, it was working fine. Later, I noticed the sound was all distorted so I decided to reboot only to find it didn't work at all. I did drop it from around waist height, I have a protective case and the phone fel on a carpet though. Headphones still work, but no sort of sound comes from the speakers. Boot animation, alarm ringtones, music, nothing. Probably have to send it for repair, right? :/
2nd June 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆
Thanks Meter: 1,424

1,810 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indospot

The back speaker on my Ace stopped working. I don't know when it happened. Last time I listened to music today, it was working fine. Later, I noticed the sound was all distorted so I decided to reboot only to find it didn't work at all. I did drop it from around waist height, I have a protective case and the phone fel on a carpet though. Headphones still work, but no sort of sound comes from the speakers. Boot animation, alarm ringtones, music, nothing. Probably have to send it for repair, right? :/

Yeah it might be hardware issue btw just flash once stock rom n then check! If still not working then give it to service center
2nd June 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
This is for sure a hardware failure because everything was working fine earlier and after falling it just stopped functioning. You can contact a local phone repair shop that would cost you less and also take less time than a service center.
P.S - Experience around 15 day wait for replacing touchscreen from service center
2nd June 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Pombal

151 posts
More
Headphones stopped working all of a sudden too. I was listening to music and it just stopped working :/ No other falls occured :/
2nd June 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 146

671 posts
More
Quote:

Headphones stopped working all of a sudden too. I was listening to music and it just stopped working :/ No other falls occured :/

Just flash stock rom once if that dosnt work then go to repaire shop and change the speaker

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
3rd June 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Pombal

151 posts
More
Flashing stock ROM did no good. Sounds like it's a hardware problem.
3rd June 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 362

956 posts
More
Quote:

Flashing stock ROM did no good. Sounds like it's a hardware problem.

Completely agree with @Hitesh2626

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread