Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Speaker problem

OP indospot

2nd June 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Pombal
Thanks Meter: 29
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
The back speaker on my Ace stopped working. I don't know when it happened. Last time I listened to music today, it was working fine. Later, I noticed the sound was all distorted so I decided to reboot only to find it didn't work at all. I did drop it from around waist height, I have a protective case and the phone fel on a carpet though. Headphones still work, but no sort of sound comes from the speakers. Boot animation, alarm ringtones, music, nothing. Probably have to send it for repair, right? :/
2nd June 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #2  
Hitesh2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆
Thanks Meter: 1,429
 
1,813 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indospot

The back speaker on my Ace stopped working. I don't know when it happened. Last time I listened to music today, it was working fine. Later, I noticed the sound was all distorted so I decided to reboot only to find it didn't work at all. I did drop it from around waist height, I have a protective case and the phone fel on a carpet though. Headphones still work, but no sort of sound comes from the speakers. Boot animation, alarm ringtones, music, nothing. Probably have to send it for repair, right? :/

Yeah it might be hardware issue btw just flash once stock rom n then check! If still not working then give it to service center
2nd June 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
This is for sure a hardware failure because everything was working fine earlier and after falling it just stopped functioning. You can contact a local phone repair shop that would cost you less and also take less time than a service center.
P.S - Experience around 15 day wait for replacing touchscreen from service center
2nd June 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Pombal
Thanks Meter: 29
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Headphones stopped working all of a sudden too. I was listening to music and it just stopped working :/ No other falls occured :/
2nd June 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #5  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 151
 
685 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indospot

Headphones stopped working all of a sudden too. I was listening to music and it just stopped working :/ No other falls occured :/

Just flash stock rom once if that dosnt work then go to repaire shop and change the speaker

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
3rd June 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Pombal
Thanks Meter: 29
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Flashing stock ROM did no good. Sounds like it's a hardware problem.
3rd June 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 362
 
956 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indospot

Flashing stock ROM did no good. Sounds like it's a hardware problem.

Completely agree with @Hitesh2626

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes