Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Speaker problem

Tip us?

indospot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Speaker problem

The back speaker on my Ace stopped working. I don't know when it happened. Last time I listened to music today, it was working fine. Later, I noticed the sound was all distorted so I decided to reboot only to find it didn't work at all. I did drop it from around waist height, I have a protective case and the phone fel on a carpet though. Headphones still work, but no sort of sound comes from the speakers. Boot animation, alarm ringtones, music, nothing. Probably have to send it for repair, right? :/

Hitesh2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by indospot View Post
The back speaker on my Ace stopped working. I don't know when it happened. Last time I listened to music today, it was working fine. Later, I noticed the sound was all distorted so I decided to reboot only to find it didn't work at all. I did drop it from around waist height, I have a protective case and the phone fel on a carpet though. Headphones still work, but no sort of sound comes from the speakers. Boot animation, alarm ringtones, music, nothing. Probably have to send it for repair, right? :/
Yeah it might be hardware issue btw just flash once stock rom n then check! If still not working then give it to service center

gauravcse2010
Old
Thanks Meter 3
This is for sure a hardware failure because everything was working fine earlier and after falling it just stopped functioning. You can contact a local phone repair shop that would cost you less and also take less time than a service center.
P.S - Experience around 15 day wait for replacing touchscreen from service center

indospot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Headphones stopped working all of a sudden too. I was listening to music and it just stopped working :/ No other falls occured :/

amolgosavi
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Headphones stopped working all of a sudden too. I was listening to music and it just stopped working :/ No other falls occured :/
Just flash stock rom once if that dosnt work then go to repaire shop and change the speaker

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

indospot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Flashing stock ROM did no good. Sounds like it's a hardware problem.

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Flashing stock ROM did no good. Sounds like it's a hardware problem.
Completely agree with @Hitesh2626
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU