Stock Sense WWE EU RUU

Search This thread

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
There are two types of ruu's. The first would be an .exe ruu, these come directly from htc and well you run them on your computer. These are hit and miss, sometimes they get released others they don't usually I've seen them when an update is released. Now the second type is just a zip compiled from a raw system pull. BUT. Please don't quote me on this and don't flame either lol. This one I believe we just have to wait for someone to compile it:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simpody

Apr 13, 2011
Durham
There are two types of ruu's. The first would be an .exe ruu, these come directly from htc and well you run them on your computer. These are hit and miss, sometimes they get released others they don't usually I've seen them when an update is released. Now the second type is just a zip compiled from a raw system pull. BUT. Please don't quote me on this and don't flame either lol. This one I believe we just have to wait for someone to compile it:)

Yeah I'm talking bout those you run an your computer from HTC. I thought they were readily available. I guess I don't usually have a device when its so new.

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas

Yeah I'm talking bout those you run an your computer from HTC. I thought they were readily available. I guess I don't usually have a device when its so new.

I'm pretty sure RUU stands for Rom Update Utility but again don't quote me on that:) those are honestly my favorite because they are idiot proof lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simpody

Apr 13, 2011
Durham

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Yeah it does. I just want to to debrand my phone. I have S-OFF, I've changed CID, Don't wanna do it from a nandroid backup so I want the generic EU software from HTC so I get OTAs.

You can do it with a bit of thought...

1. Use the 1.54.401.5 firmware package posted by @mike1986. to make sure you're on the latest build
2. Flash the stock, odexed 1.54.401.5 ROM also posted by @mike1986. to go back to 100% stock (and it's not a Nandroid)
3. Flash the 1.54.401.5 stock recovery
4. Set CID to HTC__001

That'll get you back as if you'd used an RUU

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Simpody

Apr 13, 2011
Durham

1. Use the 1.54.401.5 firmware package posted by @mike1986. to make sure you're on the latest build
2. Flash the stock, odexed 1.54.401.5 ROM also posted by @mike1986. to go back to 100% stock (and it's not a Nandroid)
4. Set CID to HTC__001

Thanks. Rom link doesn't work so I'm stuck for now. I can only find the 1.54.401.5 zip here http://xda8.androidrevolution.org/db_mirror/Firmware/index.php

Last edited:

Gja88

Oct 6, 2010

4. Set CID to HTC__001

So following these steps gets you to an unlocked version of the phone correct? (Just confirming that cid is the unlocked version) I'm on tmobile s-off also waiting for a RUU but I may just do this instead. Also I'll need to change the mid, any clue what that is?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
So following these steps gets you to an unlocked version of the phone correct? (Just confirming that cid is the unlocked version) I'm on tmobile s-off also waiting for a RUU but I may just do this instead. Also I'll need to change the mid, any clue what that is?

Yes it would give you the unbranded, EU M8_UL but you'd probably have to change the MID as well and I don't know what that is (although I'm sure someone else can help on that front)

Simpody

Apr 13, 2011
Durham

Don't think you should have to change MID. Think that's only when you have bought device in a totally different region. EU devices whether branded or not should be OP6B10000

Reactions: EddyOS

Gja88

Oct 6, 2010

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton

4. Set CID to HTC__001

Could I flash Mikes .5 ODEXED ROM even if I've already flashed .10 FW. Struggling to root the .10 odexed file I've flashed.

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
That's really odd. I am using the 1.99r3 release. Nothing happens though. Root just wont stick on that odexed stock firmware.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
Even Superuser wasn't properly rooting. App installed but wouldn't give # in shell.

I wonder if there's another .10 file I can try and flash.

If not, can I reset tampered from in ARHD, then flash stock after?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

thanostsimo

Sep 29, 2012
Dundee

4. Set CID to HTC__001

You've just saved my day! Need to rma it but I couldn't find any legit ruu download page (almost every ruu link is dead). So cheers!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts