Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [+3.0] Wifi Scheduler

Tip us?

joaonuno
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolas View Post
I'm sorry to say but as long as this bug exists this application is useless as it is not an automatic WiFi management application.

There is no difference between manually turn on/off WiFi or manually turn on/off airplane mode, to make this application to work...

Sent from my Nexus 4
I see your point, but i'm not getting that bug many times, just occasionally.

tzyn
Old
Thanks Meter 29
It seems that i got this bug immediately when i'm leaving the wifi range and the scheduler turns wifi off. If i came back or join another cell with a known wifi after some time the scheduler doesn't activate wifi anymore and manually it's not possible. So for me it's very often.

And if i have to do something manually, check the phone everytime when i'm in the wifi range and just cannot trust that it works correctly then the app is sadly useless. Because then it wastes battery and mobile data traffic and so it's even better to let wifi always on.

I like the idea and used "y5 battery saver" a long time ago. I dont want to bash the app or sth like that. I just want to report the bug and i hope he can fix it.

bartito
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzyn View Post
I have the same problem. Because of that the app didnt enable wifi when i'm in the green cell again. So with that bug the wifi scheduler isn't useful.

I'm using cm11 on a Galaxy S4. But never had a problem to enable/disable Wifi.

What time have you configured to pass before enable wifi when you connect to a green cell tower?
Remember that when app enable wifi it will be automatically disabled after a while (2 minutes by default) if wifi connection isn't established.
Phone model: LG G3 (due to locked bootloader: do not buy it if you like tinkering)

Twitter: @matrixppc

Download my Android Apps

bartito
Old
Thanks Meter 1,117

DONATE TO ME
Please,

I'm using the app in my daily with no problems.

If any is suffering any problem, please, post a logcat.

Thanks
Phone model: LG G3 (due to locked bootloader: do not buy it if you like tinkering)

Download my Android Apps

The Following User Says Thank You to bartito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mike B.
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Using Wifi Scheduler PRO 2.1.60 with the GEO 1.0.11 and RANKING 1.04 modules. No problem here but a request: for those of us in the few remaining countries that haven't switched to metric yet: it would be nice if the toast from the geolocation module ("You are at about xxxx kilometers of the cell tower") could show distances in miles instead of km. Since it's using Google Maps, it's probably feasible without major headaches but I haven't found a way with the current version.

bartito
Old
(Last edited by bartito; 5th June 2014 at 07:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B. View Post
Using Wifi Scheduler PRO 2.1.60 with the GEO 1.0.11 and RANKING 1.04 modules. No problem here but a request: for those of us in the few remaining countries that haven't switched to metric yet: it would be nice if the toast from the geolocation module ("You are at about xxxx kilometers of the cell tower") could show distances in miles instead of km. Since it's using Google Maps, it's probably feasible without major headaches but I haven't found a way with the current version.
Added to the new release.

Download my Android Apps

The Following User Says Thank You to bartito For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mike B.
Old
Thanks Meter 155
If I remember correctly, the default for the Google Maps API is metric (UnitSystem.METRIC?) for kilometers/meters but it also allows imperial (UnitSystem.IMPERIAL?) for miles/feet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike B. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tzyn
Old
(Last edited by tzyn; 5th June 2014 at 09:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartito View Post
What time have you configured to pass before enable wifi when you connect to a green cell tower?
Remember that when app enable wifi it will be automatically disabled after a while (2 minutes by default) if wifi connection isn't established.
I used stock settings. So nothing is changed.

And yes, i know. But the problem is that i cannot activate wlan anymore. Not for a second. In the status bar if i tick the wlan toggle or "enable wifi" on the wifi scheduler notification and in android settings if i tick the slider it stays off and nothing happen. So if i'm in the range of a new wlan (unknown to wifi scheduler yet and need to learn) i cannot activate wifi. And if i join the cell of a known wifi and stand near by the router the wifi scheduler also doesn't (or cannot) activate wifi anymore. No matter how long i wait (1, 2 or more hours).

bartito
Old
Thanks Meter 1,117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzyn View Post
I used stock settings. So nothing is changed.

And yes, i know. But the problem is that i cannot activate wlan anymore. Not for a second. In the status bar if i tick the wlan toggle or "enable wifi" on the wifi scheduler notification and in settings if i tick the slider it stays off and nothing happen. So if i'm in a range of a new wlan that wifi scheduler didn't know yet and need to learn i cannot activate wifi.
I think this is a hardware/kernel issue (possibly induced by the app, I don't know ATM).
Please, can you post (or send by email) a logcat when you have this issue.

When I developing the app I have suffer a similar issue sometimes.
The app was enabling/disabling the Wifi correctly, but sometimes, when the app (or manually) enable the wifi, it can enable but can't connect (the icon remains in white (JB) or orange (KK)).
This is a kernel issue and was solved in a recent update of CM-11 (this is the ROM that I use).

Download my Android Apps

joaonuno
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartito View Post
I think this is a hardware/kernel issue (possibly induced by the app, I don't know ATM).
Please, can you post (or send by email) a logcat when you have this issue.

When I developing the app I have suffer a similar issue sometimes.
The app was enabling/disabling the Wifi correctly, but sometimes, when the app (or manually) enable the wifi, it can enable but can't connect (the icon remains in white (JB) or orange (KK)).
This is a kernel issue and was solved in a recent update of CM-11 (this is the ROM that I use).
Also suffer from this.
I'm on PacRom 4.3.1 and apolo kernel, samsung i9100.
as i said when this happens i activate and deactivate airplane mode and it starts working again.