OP Shuvohasan

20th May 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #11  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 15

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravikirancg

What are you talking about? That guy burak won't reply at all. Quite hopeless actually. I was talking about a completely different person. And those sources seem to be caf sources..

Sent from my E7

exactly If he developed general mobile ROM he must have had faced same problms but he never answered.
at least he could have posted genral mobile ROM
21st May 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #12  
Flag Dharwad
Thanks Meter: 52

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajranger

exactly If he developed general mobile ROM he must have had faced same problms but he never answered.
at least he could have posted genral mobile ROM

he developed the gm rom doesnt mean that he himself have done the whole part..he works in that company..that can be an issue..

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:

What are you talking about? That guy burak won't reply at all. Quite hopeless actually. I was talking about a completely different person. And those sources seem to be caf sources..

Sent from my E7

then who is the new person???
21st May 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #13  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 15

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja

he developed the gm rom doesnt mean that he himself have done the whole part..he works in that company..that can be an issue..

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

then who is the new person???

Gionee India PR
21st May 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #14  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 91

383 posts
i got an email from their customer support .
saying according to their company policy they dont release kernel sources for more information they can call this number between 9 am to 7 pm.

+91 8800348555 i didn't call since im clueless incase they get technical.

Kinda disappointed in buying this phone looking at the hardware i thought reglardless of companies ****ty update policy i would atleast get custom roms which seems not tbe be the case any more.
When i can source a O+O im jumping ship and dumping this piece of ****.
21st May 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,029

694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berz

i got an email from their customer support .
saying according to their company policy they dont release kernel sources for more information they can call this number between 9 am to 7 pm.

+91 8800348555 i didn't call since im clueless incase they get technical.

Kinda disappointed in buying this phone looking at the hardware i thought reglardless of companies ****ty update policy i would atleast get custom roms which seems not tbe be the case any more.
When i can source a O+O im jumping ship and dumping this piece of ****.

just to make it a little clear here, it not for them to decide to whether to release the kernel source or not. It comes under the GPL license and they MUST release it. and I am pretty sure whoever you talked to simply has no idea what kernel is or what we are talking about. its quite hopeless to talk to them. they are like pre configured answering machines. they know nothing, they understand nothing, they just have standard replies.
22nd May 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #16  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 91

383 posts
I know its mandatory for them to release.
But they don't do it not sure who can enforce it, in all honestly i have no idea why google give licences to ****ty oem's who dont follow the 18 month update policy and not release kernel sources.
3rd June 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 74

338 posts
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuvohasan

its rely hrd...
Gionee is braking our hope...

Sent from my Primo-Zx( Gionee elife e7) using XDA Premium 4 mobile app.

Quote:

just to make it a little clear here, it not for them to decide to whether to release the kernel source or not. It comes under the GPL license and they MUST release it. and I am pretty sure whoever you talked to simply has no idea what kernel is or what we are talking about. its quite hopeless to talk to them. they are like pre configured answering machines. they know nothing, they understand nothing, they just have standard replies.

Exactly. Accept it. I thrice asked the same question - Are you a bot? if no, try to retype the characters shown and then typed some random characters and everytime they gave the same reply. That's kaputt!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread