trwp for sch-r960 (mega)

OP darkforce81

2nd June 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
I'm trying to find twrp or safe strap recovery for samsung galaxy mega sch-r960 on u.s.cellular help would be appreciated thank you.
the carrier u.s. cellular the web is (uscellular.com)
Last edited by darkforce81; 2nd June 2014 at 10:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkforce81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,273

6,968 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can you let me know if you had bought this phone from Verizon or another Carrier ? Please understand, its the Carrier that sold it that matters. Not the one you are using now.

Based on that Carrier, I can direct you to a correct place for TWRP Recovery for your device.

You can also install Goo Manager App from Google Play Store. That app can also provide a link to correct Recovery if one is available. But given that it may detect your device incorretly, please post your Device ID from the app here.
Last edited by Perseus71; 2nd June 2014 at 10:25 PM.
2nd June 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
carrier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

Can you let me know if you had bought this phone from Verizon or another Carrier ? Please understand, its the Carrier that sold it that matters. Not the one you are using now.

Based on that Carrier, I can direct you to a correct place for TWRP Recovery for your device.

You can also install Goo Manager App from Google Play Store. That app can also provide a link to correct Recovery if one is available. But given that it may detect your device incorretly, please post your Device ID from the app here.

the carrier is u.s.cellular
3rd June 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,273

6,968 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can you please install Goo Manager App and when you open the app, it will show what device you have. Can you post that information ? Also if possible the Settings >About screen as well.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IMEI.

EDIT - Please post if Goo Manager is able to find compatible recovery.
Also, please visit this post from the thread, Samsung Mega SCH-R960 Us cellular Root? Granted you are not looking to Root. But, the user has mentioned their experience with different recovery.

As always, exercise caution when flashing anything other than Stock Samsung Firmware.
Last edited by Perseus71; 3rd June 2014 at 07:55 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread