Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Walkman doesn't recognise downloaded play store music

OP jeremy.shi

2nd June 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 18

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge3uk

Yes the limited features of an iPhone do just work. The same features just work on Android. What you're requiring is user preference. Just use play music its a great app especially when used with all access

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Actually, I'm not just referring to this. There have been a lot of problems with the phone since I got it. Luckily, there is no gap or anything physical like some other people are experiencing with their phones.

The screen is way too sensitive, hovering my fingers on the screen can even be registered as a touch. it was annoying at the beginning but now I'm getting used to it.

I got the Australian version of Xperia Z2. While a lot of countries have already got updated to 17.1.1, mine is still sitting at 17.1. I had to backup the phone and then flash the German firmware myself. I could not understand why don't Sony just simply release the update worldwide at once and everyone will be happy!

I backed up the phone via Sony companion. However, when I tried to restore all my contents...Guess what? First try, it stuck in the middle and progress indicator did not move for hours. Second time, I had to untick the 'others' to let it at least finish the restore, which means all my app data could not be restored. Even after that, it still couldn't get the job done properly. After the restore was finished, the app was telling me my contacts and settings cannot be restored. Third time, messages restore was successful, but settings and messages cannot be restored...the funny thing is, messages were successfully restored during the second time, but failed in the third time...I just...grrrrrrrr! Finally I gave up and decided to set up every thing on my phone manually after wasting my whole day on this. (If you know any backup app that works well, please let me know. the Sony one is absolutely pathetic!)

Also, I cannot seem to get the MP4 files to play properly on my phone, they have no sound for whatever reason.

While I enjoy the active noise cancelling without dragging an extra brick around, I don't really think I will get another Sony or any android phone when I upgrade next time.
Last edited by jeremy.shi; 2nd June 2014 at 12:10 PM.
2nd June 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 44

213 posts
To be fair, it was just you being inpatient that started that ball rolling. The ota won't be long, and then all the backup restore problems wouldn't be needed. I never backup anything, I just set it up again when needed, mostly it is in the cloud anyways. Not sure about the mp4s, everything thrown at it so far has been fine

2nd June 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag Adelaide

88 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge3uk

To be fair, it was just you being inpatient that started that ball rolling. The ota won't be long, and then all the backup restore problems wouldn't be needed. I never backup anything, I just set it up again when needed, mostly it is in the cloud anyways. Not sure about the mp4s, everything thrown at it so far has been fine

Yes I was inpatient, because I thought the new update would fix the screen issue and it did. The Australian version wasn't even getting the .69 update, so I assumed this one would take a long time to get released as well.

Even without this whole update thing, I would still want a functional backup/restore system in place. The reason why I would want to backup my phone is that I like carrying all the app data to my new phone or keeping data when I have to restore the phone for whatever reason. Google's app data sync doesn't work for me at all. It doesn't seem to restore anything but reinstalling app I installed before. All my progress in games, messages in whatsapp and viber are all gone.
2nd June 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 44

213 posts
My friend had the same problem with his account not syncing with Google also, he lost his contacts every time he flashed. I've never had that problem with android ever. It might be worth looking into why it's not working, it's android/google not Sony tho. I always used titanium backup, but I'm not looking to root this phone, just because it already works exactly as I want straight out the box, from battery life to battery%. Have a look on google play, there will be other backup solutions that may work better for you.

3rd June 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Flag Adelaide

88 posts
More
Yea I tried some of them and none of those seem to work like the iTunes. Oh well.. I will just live with it for now.

Btw, under google account it says app data is being synced...hopefully it's actually working now.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread