Verification on nox bootloader n5110

3rd June 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag KY
Thanks Meter: 102

2,530 posts
More
OK it looks as if the US variant n5110 4.4.2 update is finally here. There's an almost 713mb update and I canceled the download because I'd like some verification first. I know that if I take the update and flash custom firmware knox throws a flag and it cannot be reset. So if I flash custom and for whatever reason I decide to go back to stock will flashing the full 4.4.2 factory image reset the knox flag or will it still show a red flag?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Last edited by msd24200; 3rd June 2014 at 01:01 AM.
3rd June 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montgomery, Al
Thanks Meter: 71

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd24200

OK it looks as if the US variant n5110 4.4.2 update is finally here. There's an almost 713mb update and I canceled the download because I'd like some verification first. I know that if I take the update and flash custom firmware knox throws a flag and it cannot be reset. So if I flash custom and for whatever reason I decide to go back to stock will flashing the full 4.4.2 factory image reset the knox flag or will it still show a red flag?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The knox flag will still show. Currently there is no way to reset it.
The Following User Says Thank You to seejeremy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 69

347 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seejeremy

The knox flag will still show. Currently there is no way to reset it.

I'd wait till X-mas and sell your Note 8.0 with 4.2.2 and rooted for a good price. By then peeps will be after such devices like the Flappy Bird hysteria.

Not impressed with 4.4.2 as it locks your device from reverting back. Did some speed and battery tests, no improvement over 4.2.2. More hype than bite so to speak.
The Following User Says Thank You to gooberdude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread