Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

P605 KitKat Update adds new flag to KNOX WARRANTY VOID

Tip us?

lowtraxx
Old
(Last edited by lowtraxx; 3rd June 2014 at 07:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 354

DONATE TO ME
Default P605 KitKat Update adds new flag to KNOX WARRANTY VOID

KNOX WARRANTY VOID now has a new flag in braces after it. I don't know what it means yet, but after a clean update the number was (0) and after applying cf-autoroot it was (4). I have not experimented further but I think this is either a flash counter (If it is, it seems to count modified partitions or sth. like that) or a bitset describing the modified partitions. Any takes on that from any of you?

I also now see the DCM START message whenever I enter Download Mode and sometimes have some strange behaviour after exiting it. The Tab starts with a completely black Screen. Touches are possible because you can hear the feedback, but the display illumination seems not to turn on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (1).jpg
Views:	373
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	2777715  
If you like my work, buy me a beer
or click the Thanks-Button

Mobile: Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 (Black) - Stock 14.2.A.1.136
Tablet: Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP321 (Black) - CyanogenMod 11 Nightly
The Following User Says Thank You to lowtraxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtraxx View Post
KNOX WARRANTY VOID now has a new flag in braces after it. I don't know what it means yet, but after a clean update the number was (0) and after applying cf-autoroot it was (4). I have not experimented further but I think this is either a flash counter (If it is, it seems to count modified partitions or sth. like that) or a bitset describing the modified partitions. Any takes on that from any of you?

I also now see the DCM START message whenever I enter Download Mode and sometimes have some strange behaviour after exiting it. The Tab starts with a completely black Screen. Touches are possible because you can hear the feedback, but the display illumination seems not to turn on.
You will probably find this is something to do with Knox 2...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...