Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sony Album/Gallery shows cache and thumbnails?

Tip us?

sumpf2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Sony Album/Gallery shows cache and thumbnails?

Since the Sony Album app got the last update cache and thumbnail pictures from Walkman and Album start to pop up in my Album app..

I never had that problem with the old app, but now they always pop up when Album generates them. Even if I delete them, half an hour later they are back.
The folders the thumbnails and cache pictures are comming from are /sdcard/Android/data/com.sonyericsson.album , com.sonyericsson.music and com.sonyericsson.movie.

What I tried was to make a new .nomedia file in all of these folders, but if I do so the folders are still in the Album app. When I click on them they are just empty, but the app shows "22 pictures" beneath the title of the folder.

I like the new Album app more then the old one.. Is there any way to get rid of these folders without using the old version? :/

edit: Also these goddamn facebook images or smileys or whatever they call them are now showing, never had that before too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sketch-1401751448598.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	2777353  
current device: Sony Xperia Z1
old devices: Xperia Z / Nexus 4 / HTC One / HTC One X / Galaxy S3 / iPhone 4S / Galaxy S2 / HTC Desire / Lg Optimus 2x / Galaxy Ace

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3761
Find the folder where they are stored and add a file called

.nomedia

That file stops the mediascanner from scanning that folder.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

sumpf2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Find the folder where they are stored and add a file called

.nomedia

That file stops the mediascanner from scanning that folder.

I already did. If i put .nomedia files in the folder and in the folder above the folder itself still shows in the gallerie including the "22 pictures" beneath it. But when i open the folder it shows that there are no pictures in it (because oft .nomedia)
current device: Sony Xperia Z1
old devices: Xperia Z / Nexus 4 / HTC One / HTC One X / Galaxy S3 / iPhone 4S / Galaxy S2 / HTC Desire / Lg Optimus 2x / Galaxy Ace

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpf2 View Post
I already did. If i put .nomedia files in the folder and in the folder above the folder itself still shows in the gallerie including the "22 pictures" beneath it. But when i open the folder it shows that there are no pictures in it (because oft .nomedia)
Clear the cache of the gallery

The .nomedia file will not stop you seeing the files in a folder using an explorer app, it just stops the media scanner seeing them.
You will have have another folder somewhere with the cache of thumbnails in them. Goto settings apps and clear data for the gallery

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.