FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Restore TA backup on Custom Kernel with UB

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 20
 
By kelumsd, Senior Member on 3rd June 2014, 06:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys,

I have unlocked my BL and flashed custom kernel. Also I have a backup of my TA partition. So as we know, the Bravia Engine 2 is not working when we unlocked BL because lost of DRM keys. But I want to stay on custom kernel. It means my device must stay on unlocked BL. So can I restore my TA backup with Custom kernel with unlocked LB to get back BE2 on unlocked BL? If i do so, what will be happened to my device? I want to get BE2 on my device with custom kernel with unlocked BL.

Your help will be highly appreciated guys!

Thanks & regard all of you guys
 
 
3rd June 2014, 06:47 AM |#2  
noahvt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 446
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelumsd

Hello guys,

I have unlocked my BL and flashed custom kernel. Also I have a backup of my TA partition. So as we know, the Bravia Engine 2 is not working when we unlocked BL because lost of DRM keys. But I want to stay on custom kernel. It means my device must stay on unlocked BL. So can I restore my TA backup with Custom kernel with unlocked LB to get back BE2 on unlocked BL? If i do so, what will be happened to my device? I want to get BE2 on my device with custom kernel with unlocked BL.

Your help will be highly appreciated guys!

Thanks & regard all of you guys

Restoring your ta partition will LOCK your bootloader!

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to noahvt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 09:19 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt

Restoring your ta partition will LOCK your bootloader!

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

That means,I can never have BE2 on unlocked BL?

Thanks for ur help
3rd June 2014, 12:20 PM |#4  
UltraWelfare's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelumsd

That means,I can never have BE2 on unlocked BL?

Thanks for ur help

Try some ports like "X-Reality" ?
The Following User Says Thank You to UltraWelfare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 12:32 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraWelfare

Try some ports like "X-Reality" ?

Thanks bro!

Currently I'm using Ultimate Pure XSP v2.3 from @dipesh1502. It have X-Reality. Currently I have disabled it by editing build.prop. I can always get it back. You mean I can use X-Reality even on unlocked BL?
3rd June 2014, 02:22 PM |#6  
UltraWelfare's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelumsd

Thanks bro!

Currently I'm using Ultimate Pure XSP v2.3 from @dipesh1502. It have X-Reality. Currently I have disabled it by editing build.prop. I can always get it back. You mean I can use X-Reality even on unlocked BL?

Not sure if it will work since I have locked but take a look here
The Following User Says Thank You to UltraWelfare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes