Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What are the Benefits of rooting Z2?

OP kanekanekane

3rd June 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Hi All,

I have seen allot written about rooting.

My question is, as things stand, what are the current benefits of rooting?

Thanks

Viresh
3rd June 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #2  
Belfast
Thanks Meter: 844

2,713 posts
More
Xposed, uninstalling useless apps, full access to the file system, camera mods, speaker mods
3rd June 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
What do you mean with camera mods?
3rd June 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunner

What do you mean with camera mods?

Basically it gives you the option to do things you normally couldn't. Install custom software. Delete apps that normally can't be deleted. Modifications to things like camera (eg the phone currently only uses 8mp in superior auto, but the mod allows it to use 20mp in superior) all kinds of tweaks and stuff that without root access, you wouldn't be able to install. Root is like a superuser that allows anything to be done to the device. Imagine a work computer that you can't install things on without administrator access. Rooting removes the "administrator" access to let you do whatever you want.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongylad28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongylad28

Basically it gives you the option to do things you normally couldn't. Install custom software. Delete apps that normally can't be deleted. Modifications to things like camera (eg the phone currently only uses 8mp in superior auto, but the mod allows it to use 20mp in superior) all kinds of tweaks and stuff that without root access, you wouldn't be able to install. Root is like a superuser that allows anything to be done to the device. Imagine a work computer that you can't install things on without administrator access. Rooting removes the "administrator" access to let you do whatever you want.

yes yes, i understand the question of rooting, i asked you for camera because mine (and most of all Z2) have problems with focus in camera, and for the 20mp i suggest to use only in 8mp, the 20mp looks very bad quality.
3rd June 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 10

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunner

yes yes, i understand the question of rooting, i asked you for camera because mine (and most of all Z2) have problems with focus in camera, and for the 20mp i suggest to use only in 8mp, the 20mp looks very bad quality.

I think mainly that's because it's manual mode only in 20mp and getting the settings right for Joe public is impossible. However if it was superior auto where it does it for you, I imagine the 20mp would be amazing

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread