Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,955 Members 52,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What are the Benefits of rooting Z2?

Tip us?

kanekanekane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] What are the Benefits of rooting Z2?

Hi All,

I have seen allot written about rooting.

My question is, as things stand, what are the current benefits of rooting?

Thanks

Viresh

Michealtbh
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Xposed, uninstalling useless apps, full access to the file system, camera mods, speaker mods

The Gunner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What do you mean with camera mods?

strongylad28
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunner View Post
What do you mean with camera mods?
Basically it gives you the option to do things you normally couldn't. Install custom software. Delete apps that normally can't be deleted. Modifications to things like camera (eg the phone currently only uses 8mp in superior auto, but the mod allows it to use 20mp in superior) all kinds of tweaks and stuff that without root access, you wouldn't be able to install. Root is like a superuser that allows anything to be done to the device. Imagine a work computer that you can't install things on without administrator access. Rooting removes the "administrator" access to let you do whatever you want.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Sony Z2 - Black Locked bootloader
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongylad28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Gunner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongylad28 View Post
Basically it gives you the option to do things you normally couldn't. Install custom software. Delete apps that normally can't be deleted. Modifications to things like camera (eg the phone currently only uses 8mp in superior auto, but the mod allows it to use 20mp in superior) all kinds of tweaks and stuff that without root access, you wouldn't be able to install. Root is like a superuser that allows anything to be done to the device. Imagine a work computer that you can't install things on without administrator access. Rooting removes the "administrator" access to let you do whatever you want.

yes yes, i understand the question of rooting, i asked you for camera because mine (and most of all Z2) have problems with focus in camera, and for the 20mp i suggest to use only in 8mp, the 20mp looks very bad quality.

strongylad28
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunner View Post
yes yes, i understand the question of rooting, i asked you for camera because mine (and most of all Z2) have problems with focus in camera, and for the 20mp i suggest to use only in 8mp, the 20mp looks very bad quality.
I think mainly that's because it's manual mode only in 20mp and getting the settings right for Joe public is impossible. However if it was superior auto where it does it for you, I imagine the 20mp would be amazing

Sony Z2 - Black Locked bootloader