Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 37,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Flickering Problem at bottom right corner only in Nexus 7 2nd Gen

Tip us?

Mosharraf29
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Screen Flickering Problem at bottom right corner only in Nexus 7 2nd Gen

I have searched the entire forum for the similar problem i am facing but couldn't find any and had to write to you in private.

I have bought my device 3-4 months ago from Bangladesh and cant claim any warranty or replacement. My device screen is flickering more often day by day at the bottom right corner. Its like a screen shot of the top or any other portion of the tab that is flickering at the bottom right corner. I tried the brightness issue, didn't work. Then I factory reset my device thought might be a bug but still no luck. Now i am worried whether this is a hardware problem or not. But i never dropped the device. So shouldn't be one.

I recorded the problem with my mobile to be more precise. Video attached herewith in zip file.

I would be really grateful if anyone can help me out with a solution.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nexus 7 2013 Screen Flickering.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.07 MB, 39 views)

Abel669
Old
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosharraf29 View Post
I have searched the entire forum for the similar problem i am facing but couldn't find any and had to write to you in private.

I have bought my device 3-4 months ago from Bangladesh and cant claim any warranty or replacement. My device screen is flickering more often day by day at the bottom right corner. Its like a screen shot of the top or any other portion of the tab that is flickering at the bottom right corner. I tried the brightness issue, didn't work. Then I factory reset my device thought might be a bug but still no luck. Now i am worried whether this is a hardware problem or not. But i never dropped the device. So shouldn't be one.

I recorded the problem with my mobile to be more precise. Video attached herewith in zip file.

I would be really grateful if anyone can help me out with a solution.

Thanks.
It seems like your CPU/GPU is burning out... I had the same problem when over clocking my old Galaxy Ace..

The problem may not be the same, but its all I can think of.

EDIT: it could possibly be because the ribbon cable that connects the Screen to the MoBo is loose?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Abel669 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mosharraf29
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel669 View Post
It seems like your CPU/GPU is burning out... I had the same problem when over clocking my old Galaxy Ace..

The problem may not be the same, but its all I can think of.

EDIT: it could possibly be because the ribbon cable that connects the Screen to the MoBo is loose?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ribbon cable...i thought of that too...hope that is the prob..it shouldn't be a great problem then. What if CPU/GPU is burning out...what will be the solution then? Thanks for your reply though.

Abel669
Old
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ribbon cable...i thought of that too...hope that is the prob..it shouldn't be a great problem then. What if CPU/GPU is burning out...what will be the solution then? Thanks for your reply though.

If the ribbon cable is loose, power off you device and pull the back cover off and have a look.

If the CPU/GPU is burning out, the only thing I would suggest would be a moderate under clock of both units and pray that your device will last, alternatively, throw your device at a wall to preemptively break it before they do die and your device becomes a really crappy decorative ornament.

Seeing as you cannot get a replacement, your only option is to try and keep it from happening by any means.. It is only a matter of time.

OR,

I'm wrong.

Mosharraf29
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel669 View Post
If the ribbon cable is loose, power off you device and pull the back cover off and have a look.

If the CPU/GPU is burning out, the only thing I would suggest would be a moderate under clock of both units and pray that your device will last, alternatively, throw your device at a wall to preemptively break it before they do die and your device becomes a really crappy decorative ornament.

Seeing as you cannot get a replacement, your only option is to try and keep it from happening by any means.. It is only a matter of time.

OR,

I'm wrong.
Last night i showed my device to a professional and as this device is not much available in Bangladesh, they are not expert enough. Though he suspected it might be the cable issue but he cant be sure. He might get it right if he gets another same device to test. So m left with very few options . I got to wait for the parts to be available or i got to contact the Asus product importers but fingers crossed. Disappointing...its just a couple of months and lot of money for me.

Anyway...thanks for all the help and support. Appreciate it.

thais14_03
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Last night i showed my device to a professional and as this device is not much available in Bangladesh, they are not expert enough. Though he suspected it might be the cable issue but he cant be sure. He might get it right if he gets another same device to test. So m left with very few options . I got to wait for the parts to be available or i got to contact the Asus product importers but fingers crossed. Disappointing...its just a couple of months and lot of money for me.

Anyway...thanks for all the help and support. Appreciate it.
am experiencing the same issue, plz notify me if any updates, thx

Redaaku
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I face the same issue on my nexus 7(2013). Is there any solution to this?

Sent from my Xperia Sola using Tapatalk

Tags
flickering at bottom right corner only, screen flickering problem