Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Asus tf700t lost powere while wiping data

Tip us?
 
thejesusbr
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Tablet [Q] Asus tf700t lost powere while wiping data

Helo, guys.

I need some help from the great guys from this community. I have an Asus TF700t successfully flashed with CM11 and CWR. It has functioning very well from one year now, but the stock ROM was slow. Then, I decided to try CM and it practically rebirthed. The performance, even without overclock was great. Then, I made a very dumb thing... I was showing a friend the the Android Device Manager app and in a total lack of attention, I hit the erase option. When I noted, it was too late. Not a big deal, since I had a backup, I thought. But... the poor thing was low in battery and went dry while wiping the data! I put it in the charger. Apparently, it was continuing to wipe the data, but it took nearly 2 hours doing it. Then it shut out and when I turned it on again, it doesn't boot anymore. I can access the bootloader, but it stucks in that little android with a spinning thing in the belly. I also tried enter in CW recovery mode, but it seemed gone. Then, I tried to re-flash it the same way I did before, but it not worked... The flashboot shows the data uploading, but then it stucks and when I reboot, it comes back to that little android. If I try a normal boot from the bootloader, it stucks in the CM animation. I don't know what to do now... I wonder if it bricked it... There are some way to recover the poor thing?

Recapitulating I can access it via adb and fastboot, CW not working though.

Thank you for the attention!
 
LetMeKnow
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 560
Posts: 1,361
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejesusbr View Post
Helo, guys.

I need some help from the great guys from this community. I have an Asus TF700t successfully flashed with CM11 and CWR. It has functioning very well from one year now, but the stock ROM was slow. Then, I decided to try CM and it practically rebirthed. The performance, even without overclock was great. Then, I made a very dumb thing... I was showing a friend the the Android Device Manager app and in a total lack of attention, I hit the erase option. When I noted, it was too late. Not a big deal, since I had a backup, I thought. But... the poor thing was low in battery and went dry while wiping the data! I put it in the charger. Apparently, it was continuing to wipe the data, but it took nearly 2 hours doing it. Then it shut out and when I turned it on again, it doesn't boot anymore. I can access the bootloader, but it stucks in that little android with a spinning thing in the belly. I also tried enter in CW recovery mode, but it seemed gone. Then, I tried to re-flash it the same way I did before, but it not worked... The flashboot shows the data uploading, but then it stucks and when I reboot, it comes back to that little android. If I try a normal boot from the bootloader, it stucks in the CM animation. I don't know what to do now... I wonder if it bricked it... There are some way to recover the poor thing?

Recapitulating I can access it via adb and fastboot, CW not working though.

Thank you for the attention!
First of all, I believed that your device reinstalled the Asus stock firmware because the little android with a spinning circle is the stock recovery... It is the reason that you could not access CWM. If you still have a fastboot, you may want to try flash the CWM again but you don't interrupt the process until it is done. You may want to plug your AC in and leave it until the flashing process is completed. It is a good idea to leave it over night and check it when you wake up in the morning with your AC plug in, good luck....
The Following User Says Thank You to LetMeKnow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thejesusbr
Old
(Last edited by thejesusbr; 3rd June 2014 at 10:16 AM.) Reason: Marking as solved
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
First of all, I believed that your device reinstalled the Asus stock firmware because the little android with a spinning circle is the stock recovery... It is the reason that you could not access CWM. If you still have a fastboot, you may want to try flash the CWM again but you don't interrupt the process until it is done. You may want to plug your AC in and leave it until the flashing process is completed. It is a good idea to leave it over night and check it when you wake up in the morning with your AC plug in, good luck....
Thank you, worked like a charm. A pity that original recovery, it don't give you any clue of what's happening... Today I woke up with a new operational tablet. I just lost all my data, though... But I have backup, so, not big deal.

SOLVED
 
LetMeKnow
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 560
Posts: 1,361
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejesusbr View Post
Thank you, worked like a charm. A pity that original recovery, it don't give you any clue of what's happening... Today I woke up with a new operational tablet. I just lost all my data, though... But I have backup, so, not big deal.

SOLVED
It is good to hear that your device is running again...
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes