Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kernel Building

Tip us?

tonyleaf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Kernel Building

Hi everybody
I need some help on kernel building.
After a quick documentation I understood that to customize kernel i need sources corresponding to my smartphone model (sources that must be public if I am not mistaken).
Now I have the misfortune of working with a Virtual V501 smartphone. I hope someone knows because i can't find any documentation on the internet.
Thus I can't get the kernel source for this smartphone, and I wonder if there are alternative solutions for modding the kernel or to obtain sources.

The purpose of this modding is the addition of libusbhost library, which I've noticed to be present in system / lib. But if i try to connect an external device via OTG cable it doesn't work properly.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3200
Hi there!

There's many generic kernel building codes on XDA, I search and found too many.

Here's a good generic one...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2486098

Without source for your device, which there's no mention of on XDA, it will be difficult I bet.

There's nothing more XDA assist can do to help I'm afraid, we're here to point people in the right direction, if there is one...on XDA only. You may need to look around elsewhere for your source!

Good luck. 👍

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Also, you could ask more questions in the thread I linked, or similar ones.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe