Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,883 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to flash OTA .rar file?

Tip us?

TRDN7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] How to flash OTA .rar file?

Hello everyone,
I'm all new here.

As you can guess I'm holding an AT&T HTC One and I can't get any updates by air because I don't live in the US so I do all of the updates manually from HTC.com

I'm running a stock 4.3 ROM by AT&T and I have been already downloaded the 4.4.2 OTA file from one of the links given here

Does anyone know how do I flash it maually? if there are any commands I should to type in the .cmd window?...

I'll be thankful for any help

hafizimtiaz
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDN7 View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm all new here.

As you can guess I'm holding an AT&T HTC One and I can't get any updates by air because I don't live in the US so I do all of the updates manually from HTC.com

I'm running a stock 4.3 ROM by AT&T and I have been already downloaded the 4.4.2 OTA file from one of the links given here

Does anyone know how do I flash it maually? if there are any commands I should to type in the .cmd window?...

I'll be thankful for any help
You can manually flash the ota.zip if you have s-off. If not, you can't. So, better get s-off first.
If you have s off already, just copy the zip file to your phone memory and reboot into bootloader mode. In bootloader menu., select recovery. Once you are in recovery, select "apply from phone storage" and navigate to the zip file you copied earlier. Give it some time to finish flashing the zip and reboot your phone.