[Q] How to flash OTA .rar file?

OP TRDN7

3rd June 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello everyone,
I'm all new here.

As you can guess I'm holding an AT&T HTC One and I can't get any updates by air because I don't live in the US so I do all of the updates manually from HTC.com

I'm running a stock 4.3 ROM by AT&T and I have been already downloaded the 4.4.2 OTA file from one of the links given here

Does anyone know how do I flash it maually? if there are any commands I should to type in the .cmd window?...

I'll be thankful for any help
3rd June 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 35

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDN7

Hello everyone,
I'm all new here.

As you can guess I'm holding an AT&T HTC One and I can't get any updates by air because I don't live in the US so I do all of the updates manually from HTC.com

I'm running a stock 4.3 ROM by AT&T and I have been already downloaded the 4.4.2 OTA file from one of the links given here

Does anyone know how do I flash it maually? if there are any commands I should to type in the .cmd window?...

I'll be thankful for any help

You can manually flash the ota.zip if you have s-off. If not, you can't. So, better get s-off first.
If you have s off already, just copy the zip file to your phone memory and reboot into bootloader mode. In bootloader menu., select recovery. Once you are in recovery, select "apply from phone storage" and navigate to the zip file you copied earlier. Give it some time to finish flashing the zip and reboot your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread