Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 37,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock rom

Tip us?

snaggvar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock rom

Hi all,

I bought a retail demo version of the phone for a significant lesser price than the "original" with the downside that it came with a preinstalled software that turned on a demo video when charging and locking the screen.
This was easily fixed with root and a debloat app that i used to remove the software who started the video.
My stock rom is probably not the same as it would have been if I had bought a normal phone. Just for the fun of it i would like to try and make it a stock but i canít seem to find the stock rom anywhere, i am guessing that it doesnít exist yet?
If so does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes before a stock rom pops up here at xda after release of a new phone?

coolmingli
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggvar View Post
Hi all,

I bought a retail demo version of the phone for a significant lesser price than the "original" with the downside that it came with a preinstalled software that turned on a demo video when charging and locking the screen.
This was easily fixed with root and a debloat app that i used to remove the software who started the video.
My stock rom is probably not the same as it would have been if I had bought a normal phone. Just for the fun of it i would like to try and make it a stock but i canít seem to find the stock rom anywhere, i am guessing that it doesnít exist yet?
If so does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes before a stock rom pops up here at xda after release of a new phone?
You don't use Stock ROM, you flash FTF via flashtool.
The Following User Says Thank You to coolmingli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snaggvar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, thanks!

So, for example:
I am on romaur 3.1 now and if i want to go back to stock(not from one of my backups) i simply flash "D6503_17.1.1.A.0.402_Euro Lte-unbranded-1281-4640.ftf" via flashtool?

Do you know how OTA-updates work, are they disabled becuse of bootloader unlocked or will they work with stock-ftf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmingli View Post
You don't use Stock ROM, you flash FTF via flashtool.

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6743

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok, thanks!

So, for example:
I am on romaur 3.1 now and if i want to go back to stock(not from one of my backups) i simply flash "D6503_17.1.1.A.0.402_Euro Lte-unbranded-1281-4640.ftf" via flashtool?

Do you know how OTA-updates work, are they disabled becuse of bootloader unlocked or will they work with stock-ftf?
yes,simply flash any firmware for your device model

OTA Update only work with Locked Bootloader & Stock Recovery

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work

se1000
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Ok, thanks!

So, for example:

If you're already on RomAur, if you wipe system, data, and cache, reload RomAur and start from scratch, you would have all the same software as anyone else running RomAur.

Xernoxis
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling View Post
yes,simply flash any firmware for your device model

OTA Update only work with Locked Bootloader & Stock Recovery
That doesn't help if he's on a custom rom. He needs to reflash stock rom.

Sent from my D6503
Device: Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Firmware: 17.1.A.2.402
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Bootloader: Locked (unlockable)
Root status: Yes