Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3+]AppConfig free 1.4

Tip us?

aaro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDeveloperLB View Post
1. Doesn't it mean that it uses CPU all the time while the screen is on
Not very much. It doesn't even show in my S4's battery stats. Just did a test and ran piece of code responsible of identifying topmost app as many times as it would run if you had your screen on 24h. Longest run was under 2 minutes tested it on Galaxy S, Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S4. Of course system will take some time of it's own when it's switching from process to process, but haven't seen any battery drain.

Quote:
2. Doesn't it mean there is a delay between the time you go to an app and the time that the settings apply?
Maximum of 1.5 seconds, so it feels pretty smooth.

Quote:
3. What happens when there are multiple apps running on front, like those with floating stuff (AirCalc for example), and the multi-window feature apps (as used on Samsung devices) ?
I have tested Samsungs multi-windowing one time and it reports program you last touched to be topmost, so it's settings are applied.

Quote:
Also, BTW, the link on the first post isn't clickable.
I don't have enough posts to link outside xda.

Quote:
I also have a suggestion: please allow GPS enable/disable, so that when I open Waze it will be enabled, and when I close it, it will close it.
I know it was possible via a hack, but now it's possible using root, as used on "Condi" app.
That's the most requested feature. I will start looking how to implement it after few simpler functions.

aaro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
There's new version with Spanish translation and setting to change language when app starts. It also contains some bug fixes. Changing language on Android 4.2 and newer needs you to give AppConfig a permission to do it, there's intructions in first post.

tacchan23
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Is it possible to have the option to keep the settings enabled even if the app is in background? (until the App is really closed)
For example I'd like to have Bluetooth turned on when I launch the Media player and keep it on while playing some songs in the background.
Thanks!

pbonamy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS on/off

Hi,

GPS on/off will be great.

Thanks

P Bonamy

aaro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Sorry for long delay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacchan23 View Post
Is it possible to have the option to keep the settings enabled even if the app is in background? (until the App is really closed)
For example I'd like to have Bluetooth turned on when I launch the Media player and keep it on while playing some songs in the background.
Thanks!
Nice idea, thanks. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonamy View Post
Hi,

GPS on/off will be great.

Thanks

P Bonamy
Added in newest version. Check first post for more information.

Here's the change list for this new version:
  • Added: Location settings
  • Added: Alphabet scrolling
  • Changed: UI
  • Changed: Use devices real minimum as 0 brightness
  • Changed: Change language alternative method
  • Fixed: Changing Wi-Fi state crash on some devices
  • Fixed: KitKat killing background service and not restarting it
  • Fixed: Other fixes
The Following User Says Thank You to aaro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, configuration, management, settings, tool