Phone [Q] [R] Blu Products Forum

Hello, I feel I own a fairly popular phone and a lot of other people across the internet own phones from this company. It seems there is a wide interest in custom ROMs but a severe lack of developers owning these products.

I am new to android -- and smart phones all together. But I am quite handy with linux and after 2-3 weeks of owning my Blu Studio 5.0 D530 Dual Sim 4gb smart phone, I feel pretty comfortable with the device. My last text message on my old phone was May 16th; so that was the day they came in the mail after work. I've rooted it with many methods, installed custom CWM, fried 1-2 sdcards, factory reset a dozen times, and bricked my device for two days. We've been through a lot.

My wife owns the Blu Advance 4.5 which has even less information and she fears even letting me root it at this point.

If a category for this specific company is made, I would really enjoy getting more involved with the company and sharing my experiences, fails, and successes. I've acquired a large, hugely undocumented, and unorganized collection of tools and applications for my phones, as well as a plethora of book marks.

I'm getting to a point where I can organize and begin documenting/referencing these tools to share with the community here on XDA. I'm sure we can find more people with much more knowledge than myself who might become interested in purchasing one of these phones.

They are highly affordable and well designed (other than the low internal memory). Also, I've recently learned that since they are an American company, they are required by law to provide sources for their products, and have already received multiple requests to do so with a couple of confirmed positive responses. [1]

Thank you for reading my post. Please comment if you agree.

[1] http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2645756