Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,804 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Less RAM than actually existent & question about fast charge

Tip us?

CrazyJose
Old
(Last edited by CrazyJose; 25th May 2014 at 11:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Less RAM than actually existent & question about fast charge

Hi all

1st question:

I'm using custom roms a while now (actual Resurrection Remix 5.1.2) and I ever asked myself: why is my Tab showing less RAM than actually existent ? The Galaxy Tab has 500MB of RAM but the "about"-tab shows only 448. It this normal or is there a fix ?

2nd question:

will the "fast charge"-option damage my battery in some ways ?

Thanks for your replies

Ichijoe
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJose View Post
Hi all

1st question:

I'm using custom roms a while now (actual Resurrection Remix 5.1.2) and I ever asked myself: why is my Tab showing less RAM than actually existent ? The Galaxy Tab has 500MB of RAM but the "about"-tab shows only 448. It this normal or is there a fix ?

2nd question:

will the "fast charge"-option damage my battery in some ways ?

Thanks for your replies
Yes the P1000 should have, and actually has 512MB of RAM. But some of this ~24MB is likely used to run the Android OS. You'll never have access to the full 512MB of RAM.

AFAIK the USB Fast Charge, only applies to being able to charge the Tablet from a +5v USB Port from your PC. IIRC the problem here is your average PC USB Port can only push out 0.5A MAX! To charge the P1000 you have to use there Charger which is able to push out the +5v, but at the full 2A. Fast charge allows you to charge your Device in a more reasonable time. As opposed to 10+ hours it would take otherwise. As to it being bad for the Battery? I'm not that informed. But IMHO you should use the standard Charger when ever you can.

rpzk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
Yes the P1000 should have, and actually has 512MB of RAM. But some of this ~24MB is likely used to run the Android OS. You'll never have access to the full 512MB of RAM.

AFAIK the USB Fast Charge, only applies to being able to charge the Tablet from a +5v USB Port from your PC. IIRC the problem here is your average PC USB Port can only push out 0.5A MAX! To charge the P1000 you have to use there Charger which is able to push out the +5v, but at the full 2A. Fast charge allows you to charge your Device in a more reasonable time. As opposed to 10+ hours it would take otherwise. As to it being bad for the Battery? I'm not that informed. But IMHO you should use the standard Charger when ever you can.
Thanks a lot!!!