Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 46,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.1+][SOURCE] PulseCompass - Pure Vanilla Compass!

Tip us?

PulseDroid
Old
(Last edited by PulseDroid; 1st May 2014 at 11:40 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 2329
Sign [APP][4.1+][SOURCE] PulseCompass - Pure Vanilla Compass!

Hi XDA! You might have seen my previous app, PulseFlash which was made in the process of learning Android app development. This is once again made for the same reason.

This tiny Compass app was made Graphics Designer new to the app development scene, thus it is very clean. I've utilized most of Android's framework, making this app fit right in!

This app doesn't need any permissions from Android. The hardware used is sensors already available.

jfeinstein10 for his amazing SlidingMenu library.
A lot of folks over at Stackoverflow.
@SpaceCaker who is my personal Android Wikipedia, didn't help me in this case, but awesome guy anyway.

The main source code is available at my Github, I did not share the graphics, nor styling files. Feel free to use the code, but please do not recreate my app, or something very similar and then share it publicly.

Please do not mirror - I'd like to track my downloads

Attached Files
File Type: apk PulseCompass 1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (213.7 KB, 217 views)

"What would be the purpose of fishing for thanks? Having one thank you as opposed to 10,000 makes no difference does it? It's just an ego thing I suppose. I don't and have never focused on someone's thank meter to judge their expertise and knowledge." - edfunkycold

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PulseDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PulseDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2329

"What would be the purpose of fishing for thanks? Having one thank you as opposed to 10,000 makes no difference does it? It's just an ego thing I suppose. I don't and have never focused on someone's thank meter to judge their expertise and knowledge." - edfunkycold

thahim
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Its simple and nice.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

nec947
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Is it on the play store too ?

PulseDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2329
Quote:
Originally Posted by nec947 View Post
Is it on the play store too ?
Not yet no. I am not capable to pay the Google Developer fee yet.

pckhib
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm having a question. You're using TYPE_ORIENTATION for the sensor. Isn't this deprecated since API Level 6?
The Following User Says Thank You to pckhib For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PulseDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2329
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckhib View Post
I'm having a question. You're using TYPE_ORIENTATION for the sensor. Isn't this deprecated since API Level 6?
Yes it is, thanks for pointing out!

But I found that when I use a workaround I end up needing more permissions which I don't want to do. Anyhow thanks for the heads up!

Tags
apk, compass, stock, vanilla