Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Apps APK?

Tip us?

topherk
Old
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord dredd View Post
Now those are signs of a good man , you didnt waste no time there at all .
the thing is NAB is working wonderfully well and i have done a lot of work on this rom by selectively debloating it to the maximum , battery backup and look and feel all are exactly how i like.
On top as i have got it flashed to work with a diff CDMA operator straight via sim so i wouldnt want to take that plunge at all :P

is it possible to flash a NC5 ( god knows what NC5D ) means , rom over NAB bootloader ?

back in the good ol days we could flash any rom on any modem and bootloader aka firmware on samsung phones.
I only have anecdotal experience in this, but I was running the nc5 fre3 ROM without any problems when I was on the nab bootloader, so I know it's possible (with that ROM, at least). I don't know if visionx would be the same, but I know the differences between nab and nc5 aren't as major as when we upgraded from mj4.

Maybe @micmars could add some clarity to the conversation, but that's been experience with it.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Kernal: ROM-provided
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.0
Baseband: N900PVPECNC5

Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101)
ROM: [4.4.2] [ KatKiss #023c ] [Stable]

lord dredd
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by topherk View Post
I only have anecdotal experience in this, but I was running the nc5 fre3 ROM without any problems when I was on the nab bootloader, so I know it's possible (with that ROM, at least). I don't know if visionx would be the same, but I know the differences between nab and nc5 aren't as major as when we upgraded from mj4.

Maybe @micmars could add some clarity to the conversation, but that's been experience with it.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
well i guess the best way to find out is a NC5 flash over the NCB bootloader.
i think after making a nandroid and making copies of it on phone and PC , i ll flash the NC5 and see what happens
i think it shouldnt matter coz both are 4.4.2 and the NAB that i have is the Engg bootloader
XDA... rockkss!!!!!!
micmars The uber helping GIANT
bigdaddy619 = 2X awesomeness quantified

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,836
Default You Really Should...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord dredd View Post
well i guess the best way to find out is a NC5 flash over the NCB bootloader.
i think after making a nandroid and making copies of it on phone and PC , i ll flash the NC5 and see what happens
i think it shouldnt matter coz both are 4.4.2 and the NAB that i have is the Engg bootloader
You really should upgrade to the NC5 engineering bootloader prior to any fiddling, since you can have any modem you want, including NC5, but with the NAB bootloader, features of an NC5 rom may not work.
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK
The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]