[Q] Most root-friendly Verizon phone

Search This thread

ckfalls

Aug 4, 2010
Washington, DC
My how things have changed. After having fun with many iterations of droids (Eris, D2G, Bionic), I had a rude awakening with my recent Razr M purchase. It was already on an OTA which apparently won't allow for the bootloader to be unlocked. I WAS rooted and doing alright with that, but I took the KK update and just like that, no more root. I was mislead into thinking I could root after the OTA, but that was apparently wrong.

I am bound and determined to keep my unlimited data with VZW, but also want a phone that can be rooted and preferably allow for custom ROMs as I have enjoyed in the past. I would like to stay in the mid-2012 and forward range. Does anyone have recommendations on a phone that is conducive to root/bootloader unlock? Apparently VZW has been keeping up with the exploits found by the dev community (thus my razr m frustrations) and fixing them with OTA updates. Does have any recommendations?

I have done my own research and not found a ton. I've been looking for dev edition phones but they are spares and/or expensive. I have heard the HTC One is still quite open, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Also, if this is not the most appropriate forum for this post, please advise with my apologies.

ckfalls

Aug 4, 2010
Washington, DC
Sorry for the reply on own post. Is this the wrong board for this post? If so can someone direct me to the proper board?

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app