Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] on My girls S4

Tip us?

FordNate
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 276
Default [Q] on My girls S4

My lady has been locked up for 8 months and is due out Thursday. Her S4 is Safestrap rooted MF3 running stock rim. version (she missed having the loki bootloader by minutes n took the update). Anyway she gets out on Thursday n her phone has been in her property this whole time.
What do I need to do when she gets out? Anything I need to not do or not accept ? Of course there are a ton of Google updates going on n I know to accept those. Will at&t send the KK update to her phone or because of root it won't send for it? If she does get the KK update, by chance, do Y's lol have a root method (only reason for that question is my S4 is a VZW with lokified bootloader but I have seen issues we are having with out KK update) any help n all help is much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Device:
Samsung Galaxy S 4
Phillz cwm loki'd Recovery

HTC Incredible2Retired
4ext Recovery

Dabreaker9
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordNate View Post
My lady has been locked up for 8 months and is due out Thursday. Her S4 is Safestrap rooted MF3 running stock rim. version (she missed having the loki bootloader by minutes n took the update). Anyway she gets out on Thursday n her phone has been in her property this whole time.
What do I need to do when she gets out? Anything I need to not do or not accept ? Of course there are a ton of Google updates going on n I know to accept those. Will at&t send the KK update to her phone or because of root it won't send for it? If she does get the KK update, by chance, do Y's lol have a root method (only reason for that question is my S4 is a VZW with lokified bootloader but I have seen issues we are having with out KK update) any help n all help is much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
If her phone says Custom when booting, the KitKat update will fail to finish and will not be installed.

As for whether she can root the KitKat update, she can't if she goes full stock and then updates to NC1 (I think). However since she's still on MF3 I believe she can get a rooted 4.4.2 ROM, however there's a very high chance it'll clear your data. This may be of assistance, however I'm not sure if it'll work or not so don't try it until someone who knows more than I do says it's clear to try it or not.