FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Please help .. Screen dead after flashing kernel

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By ado0001, Junior Member on 25th May 2014, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was on my way to root the xperia z2 step by step, everything seemed fine, unlocked bootloader ok,
the problem was whe trying to flash the kernel advkernel Z2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-402-v0 i rebooted and my screen now is dead, the phone works but my screen simply dead no matter what i do, i can hard reset and get in the recovery mode but thats it.

if i try to get in the main phone the screen dies.... please im desperate help me some one maybe with the stock kernel
 
 
26th May 2014, 05:29 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thumbs up fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ado0001

I was on my way to root the xperia z2 step by step, everything seemed fine, unlocked bootloader ok,
the problem was whe trying to flash the kernel advkernel Z2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-402-v0 i rebooted and my screen now is dead, the phone works but my screen simply dead no matter what i do, i can hard reset and get in the recovery mode but thats it.

if i try to get in the main phone the screen dies.... please im desperate help me some one maybe with the stock kernel

i fixed it!!! i just flashed the incorrect kernel!! now it works perfect!!
3rd June 2014, 10:23 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag with the missus
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ado0001

i fixed it!!! i just flashed the incorrect kernel!! now it works perfect!!

I too am stuck in a blank screen, phone turns on and I can hear screen selections but nothing displays. I can get in to recovery and fastboot using the red reset button. Any ideas, I'm at a loss, followed instructions to the T!

Thanks for any advice or help.
3rd June 2014, 11:58 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Akershus
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrah

I too am stuck in a blank screen, phone turns on and I can hear screen selections but nothing displays. I can get in to recovery and fastboot using the red reset button. Any ideas, I'm at a loss, followed instructions to the T!

Thanks for any advice or help.

Did you flash the correct kernel?
3rd June 2014, 03:16 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag with the missus
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xernoxis

Did you flash the correct kernel?

I tried both the DooMKernel v08 then tried the Z2-DooMLoRD_StockFirmwareFiles-FW_402

I couldn't figure out for life of me what I'd done but followed everything to the 'T'. I ended up installing a custom rom HERE and now phone is working, but now I'm not sure if I'm rooted or not!

This is a screen shot of my 'About Phone' page. http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...3-15-01-44.png
3rd June 2014, 03:55 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Akershus
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrah

I tried both the DooMKernel v08 then tried the Z2-DooMLoRD_StockFirmwareFiles-FW_402

I couldn't figure out for life of me what I'd done but followed everything to the 'T'. I ended up installing a custom rom HERE and now phone is working, but now I'm not sure if I'm rooted or not!

This is a screen shot of my 'About Phone' page. http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...3-15-01-44.png

What firmware version do you have on your phone? .55? .402?

Sent from my D6503
3rd June 2014, 04:05 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag with the missus
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xernoxis

What firmware version do you have on your phone? .55? .402?

Sent from my D6503

Before it went t**ts up, I'm pretty sure it was on .55
3rd June 2014, 04:58 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Akershus
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrah

Before it went t**ts up, I'm pretty sure it was on .55

OK what you need to do is either flash a .55 kernel or flash a .402 firmware. The kernel must fit the firmware version.

Sent from my D6503
3rd June 2014, 06:52 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag with the missus
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xernoxis

OK what you need to do is either flash a .55 kernel or flash a .402 firmware. The kernel must fit the firmware version.

Sent from my D6503

Got it I think Although the phone does appear to be running ok with the custom rom.
If using the information on the attached screenshot of my About Phone info, would you be able to suggest a kernel or firmware, I can't make sense of the kernel version.

Sorry for being a pain, not as easy as rooting the S3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-03-15-01-44.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	2778716  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes