[Q] how to change kernel in zip rom

OP ferencs90

30th May 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

96 posts
hello i want to change the kernel in a zip rom. i want to replace the kernel of resurrection remix with that of paranoid .. is it possible??
Last edited by ferencs90; 30th May 2014 at 08:16 PM.
31st May 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,433

7,560 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferencs90

hello i want to change the kernel in a zip rom. i want to replace the kernel of resurrection remix with that of paranoid .. is it possible??

You can try, you only can get soft brick - and you can fix it by flashing original ROM zip if you have recovery working or flashing stock JB firmware with Odin in download mode. I am sure that 99% of users did not try to use RR kernel on PA, so it is hard that someone answer you from experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

You can try, you only can get soft brick - and you can fix it by flashing original ROM zip if you have recovery working or flashing stock JB firmware with Odin in download mode. I am sure that 99% of users did not try to use RR kernel on PA, so it is hard that someone answer you from experience.

thanks for reply..if is it probably dangerous i will not do it..! thanks!
3rd June 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #4  

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferencs90

yes it's possible but it might not work as it should. Do a nandroid backup before just in case. Then replace boot.img and /system/lib/modules with the ones from resurrection
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread