Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to change kernel in zip rom

Tip us?

ferencs90
Old
(Last edited by ferencs90; 30th May 2014 at 08:16 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] how to change kernel in zip rom

hello i want to change the kernel in a zip rom. i want to replace the kernel of resurrection remix with that of paranoid .. is it possible??

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferencs90 View Post
hello i want to change the kernel in a zip rom. i want to replace the kernel of resurrection remix with that of paranoid .. is it possible??
You can try, you only can get soft brick - and you can fix it by flashing original ROM zip if you have recovery working or flashing stock JB firmware with Odin in download mode. I am sure that 99% of users did not try to use RR kernel on PA, so it is hard that someone answer you from experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ferencs90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
You can try, you only can get soft brick - and you can fix it by flashing original ROM zip if you have recovery working or flashing stock JB firmware with Odin in download mode. I am sure that 99% of users did not try to use RR kernel on PA, so it is hard that someone answer you from experience.
thanks for reply..if is it probably dangerous i will not do it..! thanks!

wallsras
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferencs90 View Post
yes it's possible but it might not work as it should. Do a nandroid backup before just in case. Then replace boot.img and /system/lib/modules with the ones from resurrection