Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Dialer Issue

Tip us?

Blown240sx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC One Dialer Issue

Well heres the details

HTC One AT&T (Unlocked) Used on TMobile

Phone is bootloader unlocked and rooted

Was running a custom 4.4 ROM not sure which one. That one was having issues so my friend who owns the phone tried to fix it himself in TWRP.
He ended up formatting and deleting everything so the phone was stuck in boot loop with no OS.

So I side loaded cygen 4.4.2 and got it back up and running.

Issues began. When you open the Google Dialer it brings up all the contacts as it should but if you receive or dial a number the active call screen starts to load to a black screen then kicks you back to the contacts. The phone call will continue though and cannot be ended. Only way I have gotten it to end calls is by enabling lock to end call.

So I tried updating just Google Dialer which caused a force close issue even after clearing all data for GD and Phone in the apps section.

So I installed the newest google apps 4.4.x but the no active call screen remains
Next I installed the Beanstalk 4.4.2 (have it on my s3 and like it) everything runs great other than the Dialer again. It again is not working and still fails to load the active call screen both send or receive.

Ive done Cache/Delvik whipe. Ive done permission resets. Ive even tried Swipe Dialer from the app store with the same issue.

Open to suggestions to fix this. Im stumped. I have a feeling it has something to do with the Phone.apk and Phone_contacts.apk in the App section of the phone since Ive change the Google dialer apk 4 times and nothing has changed.

Blown240sx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Added info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown240sx View Post
Well heres the details

Was running a custom 4.4 ROM not sure which one. That one was having issues so my friend who owns the phone tried to fix it himself in TWRP.
He ended up formatting and deleting everything so the phone was stuck in boot loop with no OS.

Issues began. When you open the Google Dialer it brings up all the contacts as it should but if you receive or dial a number the active call screen starts to load to a black screen then kicks you back to the contacts. The phone call will continue though and cannot be ended. Only way I have gotten it to end calls is by enabling lock to end call.

So I tried updating just Google Dialer which caused a force close issue even after clearing all data for GD and Phone in the apps section.

So I installed the newest google apps 4.4.x but the no active call screen remains
Next I installed the Beanstalk 4.4.2 (have it on my s3 and like it) everything runs great other than the Dialer again. It again is not working and still fails to load the active call screen both send or receive.

Ive done Cache/Delvik whipe. Ive done permission resets. Ive even tried Swipe Dialer from the app store with the same issue.

Open to suggestions to fix this. Im stumped. I have a feeling it has something to do with the Phone.apk and Phone_contacts.apk in the App section of the phone since Ive change the Google dialer apk 4 times and nothing has changed.
I forgot to add

The phone dialing abilities worked perfectly fine before even with the new google apps installed and on 4.4 KitKat. This problem only came after my friend soft bricked the phone by erasing the old roms.

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 278
try disabling "non-intrusive call" in Phone settings

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5

thegoodboy66
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation Same problem GS4 Sprint

Quote:
Well heres the details

I have the same problem, but I'm not able to finish the call even enabling the "end call with power button". I have to activate airplane mode.

I'm on a Galaxy S4 Sprint. If you found a solution I'll appreciate if you share it.

Blown240sx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I still havnt found a solution. Im currently downloading a stock rom hoping that it might have some system file I may be missing.

The Intrusive calling feature isn't on the HTC One

Blown240sx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone with programming or some knowledge on whats going on can you please help. Im stumped

dhigby
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Anyone with programming or some knowledge on whats going on can you please help. Im stumped
So this is a really old thread, but I'm betting the IMEI got wiped. Phone can't call without an identity.