Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 53,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook HD 10.2.1 Can't access external SD

Tip us?

Errabundo
Old
(Last edited by Errabundo; 3rd June 2014 at 09:17 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Yes it has to be put in a special place for CWM to see it. CM and CWM use different spots for the backups. CM uses /data/media/0/clockworkmod/backup and CWM uses /data/media/clockworkmod/backup. Notice the extra 0 folder. You will have to use your root file manager to be able to put the backup in the correct location so CWM can find it.
I have no success!

As I'm using CWM, I have to place the files at /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/.

I have some questions (I've tried all possibilities, but without success)

1. I have a saved backup folder (named with the date I made the backup) with .tar archives, etc. Do I have to place at the clockworkmod/backup the .tar files directly or the backup saved folder?

2. I can't find the /data/media/clockworkmod/backup folder.
I have a clockworkmod folder at /storage/sdcard0/clockworkmod. It seems to be the same as /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod.
That clockworkmod folder is at the sdcard folder, with other folder as Alarms, Android, DCIM, etc...

At the folder level where are folders like bootdata, cache, mnt, root, etc, there is a folder named "data", but is empty, and can't write inside it.
Is it that one where I have to place /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/??

3. Can't find a folder called "media".

4. I have installed your file NookHD-CWM-6036-for-internal-memory-rev2-(03-08-14).zip as Recovery.
But I have read at your tips, that for restoring the Stock, you have to use NookHD-emmc-stock-recovery-rev0-(07.21.13). I have done nothing with that file... Is for your information, in case I'm doing something wrong.

5. As information also, when I enter the Recovery mode (6.0.3.6), there is always a message "Warning: No file_contexts".

6. Another thing!! I think that the Backup I'm trying to Restore was made with a previous CWM... that one for the CM10.1 (may be it was CWM-Recovery-2).
Could it be the problem?

Thanks again!

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3600

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errabundo View Post
I have no success!

As I'm using CWM, I have to place the files at /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/.

I have some questions (I've tried all possibilities, but without success)

1. I have a saved backup folder (named with the date I made the backup) with .tar archives, etc. Do I have to place at the clockworkmod/backup the .tar files directly or the backup saved folder?

2. I can't find the /data/media/clockworkmod/backup folder.
I have a clockworkmod folder at /storage/sdcard0/clockworkmod. It seems to be the same as /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod.
That clockworkmod folder is at the sdcard folder, with other folder as Alarms, Android, DCIM, etc...

At the folder level where are folders like bootdata, cache, mnt, root, etc, there is a folder named "data", but is empty, and can't write inside it.
Is it that one where I have to place /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/??

3. Can't find a folder called "media".

4. I have installed your file NookHD-CWM-6036-for-internal-memory-rev2-(03-08-14).zip as Recovery.
But I have read at your tips, that for restoring the Stock, you have to use NookHD-emmc-stock-recovery-rev0-(07.21.13). I have done nothing with that file... Is for your information, in case I'm doing something wrong.

5. As information also, when I enter the Recovery mode (6.0.3.6), there is always a message "Warning: No file_contexts".

6. Another thing!! I think that the Backup I'm trying to Restore was made with a previous CWM... that one for the CM10.1 (may be it was CWM-Recovery-2).
Could it be the problem?

Thanks again!
In order to access the /data folder you have to be using a root file manager (try root browser lite from Play Store). That is why /data looks empty without one.

Do not use the clockwork folder in /sdcard. It must be the one in /data/media.

That stock recovery zip is for restoring stock recovery. You only flash that if you want internal CWM replaced with stock recovery.

And under backup should be the folder that was created when you backed up. Usually a date. The .tar files are inside that.

Don't worry about the last two items.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here

Errabundo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 821

Wow, I'm sooooo noob!!

I had already installed ES3 file explorer, and didn't find the Root User mode. Now it's activated and really can see the data/media folder.
I'm moving now the backup folder to the media folder and in some minutes I post the results (I see that It's very slow and the backup is 2gb size, and will take at least 30minutes to transfer)
Many thanks!!!

Errabundo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Welllll....

I have successfully restored the Nook to the Stock Rom.
But the problem with the SD Card persists.
I bought a new SD Card, and now I have 4 different brands and sizes cards.
And with all of them I have the same issue: Damaged card. You have to format it. And after formatting, always "Damaged card"...

I think is a hardware problem. Something is broken...

Thank you anyway for your help!!!

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3600

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errabundo View Post
Welllll....

I have successfully restored the Nook to the Stock Rom.
But the problem with the SD Card persists.
I bought a new SD Card, and now I have 4 different brands and sizes cards.
And with all of them I have the same issue: Damaged card. You have to format it. And after formatting, always "Damaged card"...

I think is a hardware problem. Something is broken...

Thank you anyway for your help!!!
Time for a warranty exchange.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here