FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nook HD 10.2.1 Can't access external SD

OP Errabundo

3rd June 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Yes it has to be put in a special place for CWM to see it. CM and CWM use different spots for the backups. CM uses /data/media/0/clockworkmod/backup and CWM uses /data/media/clockworkmod/backup. Notice the extra 0 folder. You will have to use your root file manager to be able to put the backup in the correct location so CWM can find it.

I have no success!

As I'm using CWM, I have to place the files at /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/.

I have some questions (I've tried all possibilities, but without success)

1. I have a saved backup folder (named with the date I made the backup) with .tar archives, etc. Do I have to place at the clockworkmod/backup the .tar files directly or the backup saved folder?

2. I can't find the /data/media/clockworkmod/backup folder.
I have a clockworkmod folder at /storage/sdcard0/clockworkmod. It seems to be the same as /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod.
That clockworkmod folder is at the sdcard folder, with other folder as Alarms, Android, DCIM, etc...

At the folder level where are folders like bootdata, cache, mnt, root, etc, there is a folder named "data", but is empty, and can't write inside it.
Is it that one where I have to place /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/??

3. Can't find a folder called "media".

4. I have installed your file NookHD-CWM-6036-for-internal-memory-rev2-(03-08-14).zip as Recovery.
But I have read at your tips, that for restoring the Stock, you have to use NookHD-emmc-stock-recovery-rev0-(07.21.13). I have done nothing with that file... Is for your information, in case I'm doing something wrong.

5. As information also, when I enter the Recovery mode (6.0.3.6), there is always a message "Warning: No file_contexts".

6. Another thing!! I think that the Backup I'm trying to Restore was made with a previous CWM... that one for the CM10.1 (may be it was CWM-Recovery-2).
Could it be the problem?

Thanks again!
Last edited by Errabundo; 3rd June 2014 at 10:17 AM.
3rd June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,699

8,425 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errabundo

I have no success!

As I'm using CWM, I have to place the files at /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/.

I have some questions (I've tried all possibilities, but without success)

1. I have a saved backup folder (named with the date I made the backup) with .tar archives, etc. Do I have to place at the clockworkmod/backup the .tar files directly or the backup saved folder?

2. I can't find the /data/media/clockworkmod/backup folder.
I have a clockworkmod folder at /storage/sdcard0/clockworkmod. It seems to be the same as /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod.
That clockworkmod folder is at the sdcard folder, with other folder as Alarms, Android, DCIM, etc...

At the folder level where are folders like bootdata, cache, mnt, root, etc, there is a folder named "data", but is empty, and can't write inside it.
Is it that one where I have to place /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/??

3. Can't find a folder called "media".

4. I have installed your file NookHD-CWM-6036-for-internal-memory-rev2-(03-08-14).zip as Recovery.
But I have read at your tips, that for restoring the Stock, you have to use NookHD-emmc-stock-recovery-rev0-(07.21.13). I have done nothing with that file... Is for your information, in case I'm doing something wrong.

5. As information also, when I enter the Recovery mode (6.0.3.6), there is always a message "Warning: No file_contexts".

6. Another thing!! I think that the Backup I'm trying to Restore was made with a previous CWM... that one for the CM10.1 (may be it was CWM-Recovery-2).
Could it be the problem?

Thanks again!

In order to access the /data folder you have to be using a root file manager (try root browser lite from Play Store). That is why /data looks empty without one.

Do not use the clockwork folder in /sdcard. It must be the one in /data/media.

That stock recovery zip is for restoring stock recovery. You only flash that if you want internal CWM replaced with stock recovery.

And under backup should be the folder that was created when you backed up. Usually a date. The .tar files are inside that.

Don't worry about the last two items.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
3rd June 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Wow, I'm sooooo noob!!

I had already installed ES3 file explorer, and didn't find the Root User mode. Now it's activated and really can see the data/media folder.
I'm moving now the backup folder to the media folder and in some minutes I post the results (I see that It's very slow and the backup is 2gb size, and will take at least 30minutes to transfer)
Many thanks!!!
3rd June 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Welllll....

I have successfully restored the Nook to the Stock Rom.
But the problem with the SD Card persists.
I bought a new SD Card, and now I have 4 different brands and sizes cards.
And with all of them I have the same issue: Damaged card. You have to format it. And after formatting, always "Damaged card"...

I think is a hardware problem. Something is broken...

Thank you anyway for your help!!!
3rd June 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,699

8,425 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errabundo

Welllll....

I have successfully restored the Nook to the Stock Rom.
But the problem with the SD Card persists.
I bought a new SD Card, and now I have 4 different brands and sizes cards.
And with all of them I have the same issue: Damaged card. You have to format it. And after formatting, always "Damaged card"...

I think is a hardware problem. Something is broken...

Thank you anyway for your help!!!

Time for a warranty exchange.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread