Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Liquipel

Tip us?

kssr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Angry Liquipel

So......I Was thinking of getting my x201 treated with Liquipel nanocoating. I emailed the company out in Santa Anna, Ca. waiting to hear back from them with an estimate. Now since the casing is supposed to be "water resistant" should I disassemble the watch first and send it into them in parts? I'm guessing this will void my warranty but then again so will just about doing anything to my TS will void omate's warranty. Anyone here tried this on their electronic devices?

tshoulihane
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by kssr View Post
So......I Was thinking of getting my x201 treated with Liquipel nanocoating. I emailed the company out in Santa Anna, Ca. waiting to hear back from them with an estimate. Now since the casing is supposed to be "water resistant" should I disassemble the watch first and send it into them in parts? I'm guessing this will void my warranty but then again so will just about doing anything to my TS will void omate's warranty. Anyone here tried this on their electronic devices?
I don't know how the process works, but the TS casing is nowhere near water resistant. So yes, probably disassemble it to get better penetration of the coating. I wonder if you will have issues with the antenna connection and other parts that are nearly sealed but not quite. Maybe the coating can protect the gaps in the seal.
HTC M8, SGS3 (nearly dead eMMC), TF201, Nook touch

kssr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
OK so I got a response from Liquipel. I'll post it below. So it appears they will treat the watch but you have to sign off on a waver because they've not tested the process on the TS......"Thank you for your response! We can treat your smartwatch for you, but we will require that you sign off on the attached waiver since we have not tested your specific device. We will require that you disassemble the device prior to sending it to us and we will send it back to you to be reassembled. Please also note that the coating may also have a slight effect on the look of the silicone band. If you would like to move forward with the treatment, please feel free to place an order through our website by selecting one of the headphone devices as the price will be the same at $30.00. If you have any questions regarding the ordering process, please feel free to contact us via email or by phone at 1.855.478.4735".

tshoulihane
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Sounds interesting, if you're happy to take the risk on dis-assembling. I'd still not treat it as waterproof, but this might save you against accidents.
HTC M8, SGS3 (nearly dead eMMC), TF201, Nook touch

dragonfly1113
Old
Thanks Meter 52
if you go for it be sure to let us know how it goes

death_entry
Old
(Last edited by death_entry; 3rd June 2014 at 07:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Or you can order some of this stuff and do it yourself

http://www.nanostate.co.uk/flash-flo...ts-5ml-p-3.php

Looking at it $30 does seem like good value but not sure if that includes shipping, you might be able to use the same bottle of flashflood on several devices though...

However liquipel might do a much better job then diy

Actually the ipod video they did makes me think, open up my TS and dunk the whole watch into the stuff :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNnbU2qn0HA#t=130

Just having it on the screen might be interesting for when you have wet hands and don't want to glitch the touch screen...
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean