Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Mega knox warranty?

Tip us?

barsza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Samsung Galaxy Mega knox warranty?

I tried to flash the new Samsung rom for Mega 6.3(russian). I didn't read about knox before and now I have 0x1. So.... I think I lost my warranty... Is there any chanse to wipe knox warranty flag? If it's not will I be able to update my phone to new official Samsung roms? Everithing is working fine on my phone(after I flashed back my official rom).

Thanks for answers!

P.S:sorry for my bad English.

trurl3
Old
(Last edited by trurl3; 2nd June 2014 at 10:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 168
Short answers fot two questions:
1. NO
2. YES

Ad.1 Tripping KNOX warranty flag is permanent and irreversible (at least for now), but should not occur only from upgrading to newest official firmware version. I suspect you were trying to root your new KK.
Ad.2 Tripped flag it's only sign for service so there was attempt to install unofficial software. It not circimference with updating unit in future. Bear in mind so after upgrading to firmware with knox and new bootloader there is no way back - you can't downgrade your phone to versions with old type bootloader..

Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 with MegaFire MJ2 V14X

Be smart, keep your files one click away @Dropbox. Sign up for free!
Wakelocks got you down? Click here for solution.
If I helped - plese hit

barsza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trurl3 View Post
Short answers fot two questions:
1. NO
2. YES

Ad.1 Tripping KNOX warranty flag is permanent and irreversible (at least for now), but should not occur only from upgrading to newest official firmware version. I suspect you were trying to root your new KK.
Ad.2 Tripped flag it's only sign for service so there was attempt to install unofficial software. It not circimference with updating unit in future. Bear in mind so after upgrading to firmware with knox and new bootloader there is no way back - you can't downgrade your phone to versions with old type bootloader..
Thanks!