Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Mega knox warranty?

OP barsza

2nd June 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I tried to flash the new Samsung rom for Mega 6.3(russian). I didn't read about knox before and now I have 0x1. So.... I think I lost my warranty... Is there any chanse to wipe knox warranty flag? If it's not will I be able to update my phone to new official Samsung roms? Everithing is working fine on my phone(after I flashed back my official rom).

Thanks for answers!

P.S:sorry for my bad English.
2nd June 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 177

633 posts
More
Short answers fot two questions:
1. NO
2. YES

Ad.1 Tripping KNOX warranty flag is permanent and irreversible (at least for now), but should not occur only from upgrading to newest official firmware version. I suspect you were trying to root your new KK.
Ad.2 Tripped flag it's only sign for service so there was attempt to install unofficial software. It not circimference with updating unit in future. Bear in mind so after upgrading to firmware with knox and new bootloader there is no way back - you can't downgrade your phone to versions with old type bootloader..
Last edited by trurl3; 2nd June 2014 at 11:20 PM.
3rd June 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trurl3

Short answers fot two questions:
1. NO
2. YES

Ad.1 Tripping KNOX warranty flag is permanent and irreversible (at least for now), but should not occur only from upgrading to newest official firmware version. I suspect you were trying to root your new KK.
Ad.2 Tripped flag it's only sign for service so there was attempt to install unofficial software. It not circimference with updating unit in future. Bear in mind so after upgrading to firmware with knox and new bootloader there is no way back - you can't downgrade your phone to versions with old type bootloader..

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread