Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy s3 Sprint will not turn on

OP rpalanati

3rd June 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So at school today, I turned my phone off as class was starting, it was working perfectly. Afterwards, I tried turning it back on and it simply does not at all. I connected it to a charger, no buzzing or anything that usually happens. I removed the battery and put it back in, nothing. I used somebody else's battery, nothing again. There is no response whatsoever. FYI i am running stable version of cyanogenmod 10.1 (android 4.2). Anyone else with the same problem or know how to fix it cheaply??? Or am I screwed??
3rd June 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,812

3,438 posts
More
No guarantees, but this occasionally does help someone with a similar problem. Take the battery out and leave it out for a good half hour or more. Overnight even better. Put it back in and test it.

If it doesn't work, maybe the power switch inside has completely gone bad. Under warranty or not?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

No guarantees, but this occasionally does help someone with a similar problem. Take the battery out and leave it out for a good half hour or more. Overnight even better. Put it back in and test it.

If it doesn't work, maybe the power switch inside has completely gone bad. Under warranty or not?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Ill try it and no not under warranty unfortunately.
6th June 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,812

3,438 posts
More
Let us know how it works out. Good luck!

14th June 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

Thx ill try that. I have a friend who has the same problem with his g2

Sent from a Wicked S3 running Wicked-X
The Following User Says Thank You to PervyPrincess For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread