Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bluetooth won't turn on

OP boctok

2nd June 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

45 posts
This morning, when starting my commute to work, I noticed that the S5 wasn't connecting to my BT car stereo. I checked the phone and BT was off. I tapped the icon and it did the slight dimming for a few seconds and then went back to the off state. I opened up BT settings and tapped the slider to turn it on, got the message "Turning on bluetooth", but again, after a few seconds, it returned to the off position.

I'm running the stock ROM, rooted with the hotspot mod, and the restart menu mod.

I tried restarting, powering off and removing battery and restarting, restarting and hitting the BT settings as quickly as possible, but it still will not work. Permissions on /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so are rw-r--r--, so I don't think it has anything to do with permissions.

I read a thread regarding a different phone and ROM having this problem and they fixed it by flashing a different kernel. Any ideas before I take this route?

EDIT: Just to be sure, I rebooted into recovery and ran fix permissions. No change.

Does anyone have the stock kernel that I can try to flash or Odin? Thought I might give this a try before going with a modded kernel.

Thanks
Last edited by boctok; 2nd June 2014 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Update
3rd June 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

45 posts
As much as I hated to do it, a factory reset fixed the problem. Still don't know what actually caused the problem.
3rd June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 39

334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boctok

As much as I hated to do it, a factory reset fixed the problem. Still don't know what actually caused the problem.

Are you going to reflash the mods you were using to see if the problem was the same? Also, you might be able to just make a backup of your system/data/recovery and flash it over so you don't have to factory reset.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd June 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDigital

Are you going to reflash the mods you were using to see if the problem was the same? Also, you might be able to just make a backup of your system/data/recovery and flash it over so you don't have to factory reset.

I tried the backup, but it brought the problem back as well. Not sure if it was something in the system or days our apps. Still need to do some forensics.
3rd June 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 39

334 posts
More
If you flashed off of an SD card, sometimes you can get subtle corruptions? I thought I saw something about it before..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth not working
Previous Thread Next Thread