Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

[Q] Is my phone dead? Can someone please help me?

OP juzerali

3rd June 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 9

148 posts
More
Hello everyone

I was using my phone and the battery was critically low and eventually the phone powered itself off. I tried recharging the phone later but I'm not getting the charging screen. I've pressed numerous keystrokes combinations (vol down + power, etc.) to start the phone, but the phone just wouldn't boot up.

I tried connecting the phone to the PC, and it's getting detected by Windows but it's showing the phone as 'Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008", and the phone's screen is still off.

Is there a way to revive my phone?

Thanks.
3rd June 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 31

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzerali

Hello everyone

I was using my phone and the battery was critically low and eventually the phone powered itself off. I tried recharging the phone later but I'm not getting the charging screen. I've pressed numerous keystrokes combinations (vol down + power, etc.) to start the phone, but the phone just wouldn't boot up.

I tried connecting the phone to the PC, and it's getting detected by Windows but it's showing the phone as 'Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008", and the phone's screen is still off.

Is there a way to revive my phone?

Thanks.

pull out ur battery, try charging with some other phone or external battery charger then try again
3rd June 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi

148 posts
More
Already tried that. still no luck
3rd June 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 20

101 posts
Just keep it plugged to charger. It takes a while before it boots up again.
The Following User Says Thank You to punk_zappa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi

148 posts
More
Tried that too. I plugged it in for more than 24 hours, but still nothing
3rd June 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 31

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzerali

Tried that too. I plugged it in for more than 24 hours, but still nothing

fully charge ur battery in external charger than press volume up button then insert battery than insert usb cable which is plugged into a computer. see if downloading logo appear on screen. if yes then u r hell of a lucky person and flash a kdz. if nt then it is hard brick.
then u have to follow brick method which is available in forum. u v to search for it.
Last edited by abuulala; 3rd June 2014 at 09:01 PM.
3rd June 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #7  

76 posts
More
I had the same symptom as what you already described, regretfully and sorry but your phone is hard bricked, its not dead, just hard bricked. Sent for repair, it is cheaper than buying a new phone. trust me if you love your phone, it doesnt harm your money just for repair. But ask the repairer if it cheaper to just unbrick the phone because some repairer charge more for flashing the stock firmware after unbrick so basically
(jtag unbrick + flash stock firmware = $) then after the phone arrive and you can already access download mode then use the unbricking guide to restore firmware.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread