[Q] Updating Windows 7 with Vanila ROM

OP GninevE

3rd June 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi I am new in this board, so hello to all. I couldn't find an concrete answer to my question (if there's already one posted, please let me know).

I just installed the Vanila 1.0 rom on my Omnia 7 and it works fine, thanks to all of the developers, who can make such goodies possible. Now I became a message, that there's a update available, for more I should connect my phone with PC, BUT:

when I update, will I lose all unlocking etc features or what will happen? In the Vanila-Thread saw something with "Image Update" with .cab files, is this the only way to bring Windows updates on the phone, or can I update normally? This is all I like to know, I'm happy with all other functions.

Greetings, Robert
3rd June 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 961

1,481 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GninevE

Hi I am new in this board, so hello to all. I couldn't find an concrete answer to my question (if there's already one posted, please let me know).

I just installed the Vanila 1.0 rom on my Omnia 7 and it works fine, thanks to all of the developers, who can make such goodies possible. Now I became a message, that there's a update available, for more I should connect my phone with PC, BUT:

when I update, will I lose all unlocking etc features or what will happen? In the Vanila-Thread saw something with "Image Update" with .cab files, is this the only way to bring Windows updates on the phone, or can I update normally? This is all I like to know, I'm happy with all other functions.

Greetings, Robert

If you have vanilla 1.0, then yes, the updates are availables.
Well, flash directly a ROM that integrated the lastest updates:
- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2197846
- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010962
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread