Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Convert to GPE

Tip us?

w4itg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Convert to GPE

Can anyone explain why there's no converting the Verizon model to GPE? It's been touched on a few times but no answer given that I can find. If the hardware is all the same why can't it be?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Yes... It has been answered a few times. The vzw m8 uses different partitions and it is simply not possible to make it a gpe phone. A ROM is the closest we can get there is simply no way to convert the device

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,
The Following User Says Thank You to wtoj34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

w4itg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
Yes... It has been answered a few times. The vzw m8 uses different partitions and it is simply not possible to make it a gpe phone. A ROM is the closest we can get there is simply no way to convert the device

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
OK I guess that means the partitions can't be changed. Leave it to Verizon to do something totally different. The only GPE ROM there is is digitalhigh's and it doesn't have "on a phone call web browsing" which is a must for me. Thanks for the answer though greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app