OP toviaheli

3rd June 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am wondering if anyone else has had problems installing programs from the Play Store and getting error code -24?
I figured out an annoying fix after trying to wipe davl, data, etc., to no avail...

I have to download and install Root Explorer (which thankfully didn't give me the error message), then I had to delete individual program folders that persisted even after a full wipe of the devise. I deleted these files from the /Data/Data folder which contains hundreds of these folders.

Does anyone have a better way to permanently delete these files rather than going in an removing them one at a time?

I've had this problem both on Stock Rooted NC5 and on Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.14 -BeastMode Kernel
3rd June 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 466

743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli

I am wondering if anyone else has had problems installing programs from the Play Store and getting error code -24?
I figured out an annoying fix after trying to wipe davl, data, etc., to no avail...

I have to download and install Root Explorer (which thankfully didn't give me the error message), then I had to delete individual program folders that persisted even after a full wipe of the devise. I deleted these files from the /Data/Data folder which contains hundreds of these folders.

Does anyone have a better way to permanently delete these files rather than going in an removing them one at a time?

I've had this problem both on Stock Rooted NC5 and on Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.14 -BeastMode Kernel

It's happened to me a couple of times in the last few weeks... Typically happens when I click through on the computer to install the app on my phone. When this happens, if I try again, but from the phone play store, it didn't happen. I don't know why that worked, but it did for the few times I've gotten the error.

I also found this thread, where they talk about common play store error codes. It gives the same solution you had, and they attribute it to the ART, which fre3 doesn't have (although, they have added ART support for future implementation).

I hope more information comes to light about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to topherk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
error -24, fre3, nc5
Previous Thread Next Thread