Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Play Store/Installation Error Code -24

Tip us?

toviaheli
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Play Store/Installation Error Code -24

I am wondering if anyone else has had problems installing programs from the Play Store and getting error code -24?
I figured out an annoying fix after trying to wipe davl, data, etc., to no avail...

I have to download and install Root Explorer (which thankfully didn't give me the error message), then I had to delete individual program folders that persisted even after a full wipe of the devise. I deleted these files from the /Data/Data folder which contains hundreds of these folders.

Does anyone have a better way to permanently delete these files rather than going in an removing them one at a time?

I've had this problem both on Stock Rooted NC5 and on Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.14 -BeastMode Kernel

The New Messianic Version of the Bible - This Changes Everything...
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Tov-Rose/e/B004WLJN1K

topherk
Old
Thanks Meter 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
I am wondering if anyone else has had problems installing programs from the Play Store and getting error code -24?
I figured out an annoying fix after trying to wipe davl, data, etc., to no avail...

I have to download and install Root Explorer (which thankfully didn't give me the error message), then I had to delete individual program folders that persisted even after a full wipe of the devise. I deleted these files from the /Data/Data folder which contains hundreds of these folders.

Does anyone have a better way to permanently delete these files rather than going in an removing them one at a time?

I've had this problem both on Stock Rooted NC5 and on Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.14 -BeastMode Kernel
It's happened to me a couple of times in the last few weeks... Typically happens when I click through on the computer to install the app on my phone. When this happens, if I try again, but from the phone play store, it didn't happen. I don't know why that worked, but it did for the few times I've gotten the error.

I also found this thread, where they talk about common play store error codes. It gives the same solution you had, and they attribute it to the ART, which fre3 doesn't have (although, they have added ART support for future implementation).

I hope more information comes to light about this.
Kernal: ROM-provided
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.0
Baseband: N900PVPECNC5

Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101)
ROM: [4.4.2] [ KatKiss #023c ] [Stable]
The Following User Says Thank You to topherk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
error -24, fre3, nc5