Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need some help please, please

Tip us?

Roque13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default Need some help please, please

Ok so my first M8 died so I had to get another one. This one came with 1.55.605.2 out of the box. Baseband 0.89.20.0321. The issue I am having is that every time I try and s-off it just sits there adding dashes at the bottom after I type yes and the message saying if Firewater hangs for more than 2 minutes...I have searched and haven't been able to find a solution. I did see where someone said to export the firewater file from his dropbox into the local folder and in adb start at the adb shell step. Did that or so I thought and that didn't work either. Maybe I'm not extracting the file as all I'm doing is downloading it and then copying and pasting. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched as much as I could and could not find a definitive answer. Thanks to everyone on XDA.

Roque

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 149
You are typing yes with a capital y, correct? The root method is the same on the later OTA so some of the basic trouble shooting methods will still work like re downloading and resetting ya da ya da ya

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,