Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New System Update XT1080

Tip us?
 
Dreadlord12p
Old
#11  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Hampshire
I really hope that jcase or someone is trying to find a new root method for the droid ultra. I miss my rooted phone so much!
 
doogald
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 1,305
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p View Post
I really hope that jcase or someone is trying to find a new root method for the droid ultra. I miss my rooted phone so much!
Probably the someone. I know it was just a tweet, so maybe he was joking, but jcase tweeted about a month ago that he will no longer be providing anybody with any *unpatched* exploits. Based on the way people complain about him not "sharing" any exploits he has, I don't blame him. Anyway, I'd pin my hopes on somebody else.

Or, better yet, put the phone up on Swappa or something and go out and buy a developer edition of something, because that's your surest bet that you'll be able to root a phone going forward.
 
Dreadlord12p
Old
#13  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
Probably the someone. I know it was just a tweet, so maybe he was joking, but jcase tweeted about a month ago that he will no longer be providing anybody with any *unpatched* exploits. Based on the way people complain about him not "sharing" any exploits he has, I don't blame him. Anyway, I'd pin my hopes on somebody else.

Or, better yet, put the phone up on Swappa or something and go out and buy a developer edition of something, because that's your surest bet that you'll be able to root a phone going forward.
So your saying jcase probably has an exploit or two but he just doesn't want to release it to the public? Lol. That's messed up! I guess its just a waiting game until somebody else out there puts out an exploit for us non-rooters to use. *sigh* :/

P.S. : What do you mean you don't blame him???
 
doogald
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 1,305
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p View Post
So your saying jcase probably has an exploit or two but he just doesn't want to release it to the public? Lol. That's messed up! I guess its just a waiting game until somebody else out there puts out an exploit for us non-rooters to use. *sigh* :/

P.S. : What do you mean you don't blame him???
I didn't say he had any exploits. I reported what he tweeted: he will not share any unpatched exploits. That means, I am pretty sure, that if he has any exploits (for any phones), he will wait until they are patched with an update before he shares it publicly, if he shares it at all, making it rather useless for somebody looking to root the phone with the exploit.

Here is the tweet: https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/statu...57450318929920

I am pretty sure it was in reference to a non-Moto device, but I'm sure he means the same for any device.
 
doogald
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 1,305
Join Date: May 2010
OK, here's a perfect example. Read this whole Twitter conversation between Jcase and some tool who thinks he's entitled to a root exploit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spc_hicks...84675562749952
 
rekids
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 119
Join Date: Sep 2013
This topic of Jcase having an exploit had been covered many times if not mistaken. Is this helpful to the OP to keep hashing this out.


Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Dreadlord12p
Old
#17  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
OK, here's a perfect example. Read this whole Twitter conversation between Jcase and some tool who thinks he's entitled to a root exploit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spc_hicks...84675562749952
Seems like pure stubbornness to me.
 
doogald
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 313
Posts: 1,305
Join Date: May 2010
Hey, look, because of the 4.4.3 update, Jcase ended up releasing the root exploit after all. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=248

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more