Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] New System Update XT1080

OP Dreadlord12p

30th May 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
More
I really hope that jcase or someone is trying to find a new root method for the droid ultra. I miss my rooted phone so much!
30th May 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,328 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p

I really hope that jcase or someone is trying to find a new root method for the droid ultra. I miss my rooted phone so much!

Probably the someone. I know it was just a tweet, so maybe he was joking, but jcase tweeted about a month ago that he will no longer be providing anybody with any *unpatched* exploits. Based on the way people complain about him not "sharing" any exploits he has, I don't blame him. Anyway, I'd pin my hopes on somebody else.

Or, better yet, put the phone up on Swappa or something and go out and buy a developer edition of something, because that's your surest bet that you'll be able to root a phone going forward.
1st June 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald

Probably the someone. I know it was just a tweet, so maybe he was joking, but jcase tweeted about a month ago that he will no longer be providing anybody with any *unpatched* exploits. Based on the way people complain about him not "sharing" any exploits he has, I don't blame him. Anyway, I'd pin my hopes on somebody else.

Or, better yet, put the phone up on Swappa or something and go out and buy a developer edition of something, because that's your surest bet that you'll be able to root a phone going forward.

So your saying jcase probably has an exploit or two but he just doesn't want to release it to the public? Lol. That's messed up! I guess its just a waiting game until somebody else out there puts out an exploit for us non-rooters to use. *sigh* :/

P.S. : What do you mean you don't blame him???
2nd June 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #14  

1,328 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p

So your saying jcase probably has an exploit or two but he just doesn't want to release it to the public? Lol. That's messed up! I guess its just a waiting game until somebody else out there puts out an exploit for us non-rooters to use. *sigh* :/

P.S. : What do you mean you don't blame him???

I didn't say he had any exploits. I reported what he tweeted: he will not share any unpatched exploits. That means, I am pretty sure, that if he has any exploits (for any phones), he will wait until they are patched with an update before he shares it publicly, if he shares it at all, making it rather useless for somebody looking to root the phone with the exploit.

Here is the tweet: https://twitter.com/TeamAndIRC/statu...57450318929920

I am pretty sure it was in reference to a non-Moto device, but I'm sure he means the same for any device.
3rd June 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #15  

1,328 posts
OK, here's a perfect example. Read this whole Twitter conversation between Jcase and some tool who thinks he's entitled to a root exploit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spc_hicks...84675562749952
3rd June 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 56

136 posts
This topic of Jcase having an exploit had been covered many times if not mistaken. Is this helpful to the OP to keep hashing this out.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd June 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #17  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald

OK, here's a perfect example. Read this whole Twitter conversation between Jcase and some tool who thinks he's entitled to a root exploit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spc_hicks...84675562749952

Seems like pure stubbornness to me.
3rd June 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #18  

1,328 posts
Hey, look, because of the 4.4.3 update, Jcase ended up releasing the root exploit after all. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=248

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread