OP wase4711

3rd June 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,190

9,580 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you have a Bluetooth headset, and you try to use to with LG's HORRIBLE voice assistant, it recognizes your commands about 1% of the time; totally not acceptable.
On other phones, Google Now comes up when you activate voice command; on this phone, I have tried EVERYTHING, but I can't get the LG voice command to not be the default action when I activate a voice command.
Has any one found a way to change this, either with other software, or by making some system changes?

On kitkat, on T Mobile, using a Plantronics Voyage Edge

Thanks!
3rd June 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 346

637 posts
I simply swipe up from the bottom and use Google Now. You probably can't change LG's voice assistant to use Google Now's speech engine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visa Declined For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #3  
Amarillo, TX
Thanks Meter: 51

304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visa Declined

I simply swipe up from the bottom and use Google Now. You probably can't change LG's voice assistant to use Google Now's speech engine.

There MAY be a way to do it kind of like how you can change the voice of Google Nav from the standard one to like Darth Vader and whatnot. Idk if anyone has attempted this BUT it might be worth a shot. maybe the actual application can be modified to reroute to Google Now instead of the base LG application. i might poke around to see what i can find
The Following User Says Thank You to dgomez720 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,190

9,580 posts
Donate to Me
More
thanks; there are a couple of apps in the play store that used to do this for me with my HTC One Maxx, but they dont do anything for this phone; there are about 5 or 6 files that are related to LG's horrible "voice mate" app, but, with no way to restore my 4.4 rom if deleting any important files screws things up, I am hesitant to start deleting system files.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread