Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 44,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change voice assistant from LG to Google Now

Tip us?

wase4711
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3500

DONATE TO ME
Default Change voice assistant from LG to Google Now

If you have a Bluetooth headset, and you try to use to with LG's HORRIBLE voice assistant, it recognizes your commands about 1% of the time; totally not acceptable.
On other phones, Google Now comes up when you activate voice command; on this phone, I have tried EVERYTHING, but I can't get the LG voice command to not be the default action when I activate a voice command.
Has any one found a way to change this, either with other software, or by making some system changes?

On kitkat, on T Mobile, using a Plantronics Voyage Edge

Thanks!
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...

ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..

Visa Declined
Old
Thanks Meter 330
I simply swipe up from the bottom and use Google Now. You probably can't change LG's voice assistant to use Google Now's speech engine.
Asking for Thank You's in your signature is retarded.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visa Declined For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dgomez720
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visa Declined View Post
I simply swipe up from the bottom and use Google Now. You probably can't change LG's voice assistant to use Google Now's speech engine.
There MAY be a way to do it kind of like how you can change the voice of Google Nav from the standard one to like Darth Vader and whatnot. Idk if anyone has attempted this BUT it might be worth a shot. maybe the actual application can be modified to reroute to Google Now instead of the base LG application. i might poke around to see what i can find
If I've helped you in any way, please feel free to hit the "Thanks" button for meh and not just SAY it
The Following User Says Thank You to dgomez720 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wase4711
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3500

DONATE TO ME
thanks; there are a couple of apps in the play store that used to do this for me with my HTC One Maxx, but they dont do anything for this phone; there are about 5 or 6 files that are related to LG's horrible "voice mate" app, but, with no way to restore my 4.4 rom if deleting any important files screws things up, I am hesitant to start deleting system files.
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...

ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..