Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

The Welcome to KitKat Guide [Q&A's]

OP xkeita

26th May 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shinjuku
Thanks Meter: 66

172 posts
More
UPDATING

Q: How should I update my Phone? (To Android 4.4.2)
A: If you're updating via Update Service or PC Companion, do a fresh install (literally, I mean. FACTORY RESET) .

Q: I just flashed my phone and now it's full of lag.
A: Step 1: Debloat Firmware, Step 2: Do a factory reset, Step 3: Force GPU Rendering in Dev. Options, Step 4: Restart your Phone.

AFTER UPDATE

Q: My battery drains by Google Play Services (GMS) what can I do?
A1: Disable Google Location Services in Settings > Locations (You can do this when you boot up your Phone for the first time after update too.)
A2: Update GMS (Latest version is: 4.4.52): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms

Q: I can't write to my external SD Card. F U SONY. - (This isn't by Sony, Google decided to slowly kill MicroSD support on Android )
A: If you're rooted use this fix: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix

Q: After updating many of my Apps are FC'ing (May happen if you didn't do a clean install)
A: Do a fresh install with a factory reset.

Q: My battery drains so quickly, 4.3 is much better.
A: Do a fresh install with a factory reset, I have been using KitKat since launch day and my battery easily lasts 2 days using the phone on a daily routine.

Q: My phone lags on the HomeScreen.
A: This may be caused by the new Xperia Live Wallpaper, if you change the wallpaper for a fixed one it should solve the problem. Plus, you can keep the LW as Lockscreen Wallpaper. Looks Good, Feels Good.

SAFE DEBLOAT LIST

Quote:

DO NOT DELETE Japanese keyboard layout (ExternalKeyboardJP.apk) this will make your Xperia Keyboard go like crazy and start crashing after reboot.)
Chinese Xperia Keyboard (With Skins and Skin Selector)
Google+
Xperia Care
Xperia Lounge
Xperia Social Engine Photos (Picasa)
Walkman Music Extensions (YouTube karaoke, Wikipedia etc.)
Wireless Emergency Alerts
Voice Dialer
Retail Demo
Phase Beam and other LiveWallpapers (Do not remove Live Wallpaper Picker)
InitialBootSetup
Google Play Movies/News/Games/Books
File Commander
Enchanted Forest LW
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks (PartnerBookmarksProvider.apk)

Did I miss a trick? Please post it below and it might be added to the post.
Last edited by xkeita; 26th May 2014 at 06:21 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xkeita For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 46

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeita

UPDATING
A: Update GMS (Latest version is: 4.4.52): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms

I'm on the latest version of GMS /and/ I previously did a factory reset and I'm still getting big draining. Did it really work for you?

Also, I know this is more of a personal preference than anything, but what did you delete when debloating?
26th May 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Unhappy
i already use factory reset but still battery drain so fast

it's so weird, it not happen in 4.3

when i see in background process, there many program running
but i don't know which one is safe to disable

all i know is i use greenify app to greenifying youtube an google +
but the program keep restarting itself

please help me, do you know what bloatware in xperia kitkat that save to remove?

sorry my bad english

thanks so much
26th May 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #4  
Flag Aalst
Thanks Meter: 12

52 posts
More
Quote:

UPDATING

A: Update GMS (Latest version is: 4.4.52): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms

I Also did have the Google Play Services that was using 85% of my battery consumption.
I was using the latest version. It did not change.

BUT, It's not the Google Play Services itself, but the location Services.

So go into settings then locations. You will probably have modus big accuracy, change it in only device (GPS).
I did it this weekend. Today after 10h 15m on batterie Google Play Services isn't even mentioned
26th May 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 41

110 posts
More
I'm getting a good battery life in daily routine too. I think one reason is Stamina Mode. I think it needs some time to get use to how user is working with the phone and by time it starts to save the phones battery.
26th May 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shinjuku

172 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchoc

I'm on the latest version of GMS /and/ I previously did a factory reset and I'm still getting big draining. Did it really work for you?

Also, I know this is more of a personal preference than anything, but what did you delete when debloating?

post updated, added 2nd workaround for google play services battery drains and added some apps that can be erased/disabled.
Last edited by xkeita; 26th May 2014 at 06:21 PM.
27th May 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
Quote:

UPDATING

Q: How should I update my Phone? (To Android 4.4.2)
A: If you're updating via Update Service or PC Companion, do a fresh install (literally, I mean. FACTORY RESET) .

Would backing up my phone, via PC companion, doing a factory reset, installing the update, then reloading the backup onto my phone be a good idea? I really rather not go through the hassle of setting up everything again
27th May 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shinjuku

172 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Discovered

Would backing up my phone, via PC companion, doing a factory reset, installing the update, then reloading the backup onto my phone be a good idea? I really rather not go through the hassle of setting up everything again

If by backing up your phone you mean like, keep contacts, bookmarks, messages, etc. yes it's a good idea. But if you mean to keep apk's data that would be a bad idea as it may exist the possibility that some apps might crash. (Especially Sony ones due to new API and framework changes).
4th June 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #9  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
More
it works for me, the only issue that i have is when im playin some games ... example " super stick man golf 2 " i turn off the screen and i cant go back to the game, i msut close app and reopen is anoying to do that, after that im vaery happy and pictures and very good more than 4.3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread