Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Buying Z1C[Help]

Tip us?

slonn
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitylook View Post
Where's that patch? Is it here on Z1c section? haven't seen it. Is it like a universal patch so that i can use kernel and roms from Z1?
In the dev section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2668416

Yes, you can install a Z1 rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to slonn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkmystel
Old
Thanks Meter 22
If you ain't a fan of big screens then yes N with same hardware, I guess almost if not all Z1 roms could be ported

Sent from my Z1 compact
Devices:

Xperia Z1 C - Jellybean 4.3 (Stock/ Unlocked BL)

LG Optimus 2x - CM 11
HTC Desire Z - CyanKat

jatinrungta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,302
thank you. Lets see what I get

darkmystel
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinrungta View Post
thank you. Lets see what I get
In case you end up buying one
Free advice, don't update to kitkat just yet

Sent from my Z1 compact
Devices:

LG Optimus 2x - CM 11
HTC Desire Z - CyanKat

davidws
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Great device, if it works and doesn't just die of hardware failure.
Mine literally died for no reason 1m after I bought it. Shut itself off and never turned on again. Any combination of buttons and charging did nothing to revive it. The Sony Companion Software's repair function on Mac doesn't work as it doesnt support Maverick's version of Java.

So I had to send it to repair, but Sony doesn't operate its own repair centre and relies on a 3rd party here in the UK. The repair centre (SBE Ltd) apparently didn't have the required components in stock. As a result it's now been 2 weeks that my z1c is in repair and no idea when I will get it back. Sony could have sent me a replacement unit instead of keeping me waiting, which would have been nice since my damn z1c was almost brand new, but no.. they'd rather not give a damn, and make sure that this is the last Sony product I ever buy.

Very very very disappointed. Apple would have given me a replacement unit immediately, no questions asked.

jatinrungta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmystel View Post
In case you end up buying one
Free advice, don't update to kitkat just yet

Sent from my Z1 compact
Is kitkat seriously that laggy?
I played with a Z1 and find it not lagging at all

darkmystel
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinrungta View Post
Is kitkat seriously that laggy?
I played with a Z1 and find it not lagging at all
It's not laggy, in fact in most aspects it's better, but there are still a few bugs, N the battery life kinda goes down in kitkat , the Ui N camera all gets better though

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
Devices:

LG Optimus 2x - CM 11
HTC Desire Z - CyanKat

charlatan01
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Get an unlocked Z1c from Clove (I've bought two phones from them, and had a good experience with a warranty issue with the last one) and root it ASAP. Battery is awesome on 4.4 with SlimKat (and probably others) in my experience. I am sure we'll have a solid kernel soon if you like to OC/UV and the like, but I honestly don't see the need.

My ONLY gripe was my issue with the flash bleed, which turned out to be an issue with how they designed the back cover. Bad Sony! I fixed it by replacing the plastic back with the glass one.

jewelkobayashi
Old
Thanks Meter 33
If you are after a dev popular model, look elsewhere, like z1 or z2.
I know I am posting in the wrong forum for such a comment, and might have rocks thrown at me by devs of xda...but the stock rom is, despite bugs that affect all products, sony or not, this one is pretty decent. You don't need root to accomplish certain performance gains that were needed in phones of the past. I cannot understand why anyone would want a different Rom, and in the very limited and ordinary way I use the phone, I cannot see any features I would like to add on that Sony failed to provide. A humble personal opinion.

Take this with a huge fistfull of salt.. that's coming from a guy who thought so till about 2 months ago, where limitations of KK (not sony) forced me to root my device to gain rightful access to the sd card again. I am grateful to those devs who made this possible