Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XBMC space used

Tip us?

dbelleman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] XBMC space used

How much data storage is your install of XBMC using on your Fire TV?
I know it's going to vary by content but I'm just looking to see what the average is.

Thanks

KillerJoeBR
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Mine is 830mb. I have 300 movies and about 20 tv shows. Also some addons installed.

I really look forward to be able to use a pen drive or portable hd for storage...

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

esaba335
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerJoeBR View Post
Mine is 830mb. I have 300 movies and about 20 tv shows. Also some addons installed.

I really look forward to be able to use a pen drive or portable hd for storage...

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk
Strange. Mine is 803 MB. I have 1,245 movies and 29 TV shows. I wonder why yours is so large. Before letting it suck down al the info/images, I set it to not retrieve actor info/images in order to save space. Perhaps that uses a lot of space.

On a side note, I initially set XBMC to get my files via UPnP from a PC running XBMC with the same media collection instead of my current setup using SMB file sharing. The UPnP setup was only around 300MB since it pulls all the info/images from the PC. I didn't go with that setup because using UPnP doesn't allow you to use "Library" mode. You have to use "Videos" to get to everything. But it's definitely a good option if you want to reduce XBMC's disk usage.