Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Manual Debloat - Apps safe to remove

Tip us?

SantinoInc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 717
Default Manual Debloat - Apps safe to remove

Just got this phone a couple of days ago and have already rooted it and have S-Off. The next thing I'm looking to do is DeBloat it and make it as Sense(less) as possible. My last few phones have been Samsung's so I'm a little out of the loop with HTC. I was hoping that someone who is qualified and has actually tested what they preach can make an alphabetical list of apps that can be removed w/o interrupting major functions such as CAMERA features, Phone, SMS/MMS, IR Blaster. I have no interest in the Sense launcher and widgets so as far as I'm concerned I would like to see all those apps removed.

Anyone with the know how and patience please step up to the plate...I'm sure there are a lot of people who root their phones who would say that DeBloating is their #1 priority.

Thanks in advance for any and all contributions!
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2

dandan2980
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Why not just use this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721617

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dandan2980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Whatever you do just back it all up and test it before deleting anything.
Initially I deleted all sorts of apps, but to be honest is easier just to hide them and leave them alone for the ota's.
Also coming from Samsung myself and CM7, I quite like Sense 6, it seems light weight enough and actually benefits the phone.