FORUMS

Manual Debloat - Apps safe to remove

2,692 posts
Thanks Meter: 748

By SantinoInc, Senior Member on 4th June 2014, 03:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just got this phone a couple of days ago and have already rooted it and have S-Off. The next thing I'm looking to do is DeBloat it and make it as Sense(less) as possible. My last few phones have been Samsung's so I'm a little out of the loop with HTC. I was hoping that someone who is qualified and has actually tested what they preach can make an alphabetical list of apps that can be removed w/o interrupting major functions such as CAMERA features, Phone, SMS/MMS, IR Blaster. I have no interest in the Sense launcher and widgets so as far as I'm concerned I would like to see all those apps removed.

Anyone with the know how and patience please step up to the plate...I'm sure there are a lot of people who root their phones who would say that DeBloating is their #1 priority.

Thanks in advance for any and all contributions!

4th June 2014, 03:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,259

More
Why not just use this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721617

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dandan2980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 06:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 969

More
Whatever you do just back it all up and test it before deleting anything.
Initially I deleted all sorts of apps, but to be honest is easier just to hide them and leave them alone for the ota's.
Also coming from Samsung myself and CM7, I quite like Sense 6, it seems light weight enough and actually benefits the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)