Restore SMS by xml-file

OP ullim

1st June 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hello to all,
my wife switched to windows phone 8.1 (lumia 925) from android 2.2. Actually I'm wondering how to restore sms..
It's a big threat it seems. I've an xml file with all my sms-data inside. How can i import it into my windows phone?
Last edited by ullim; 1st June 2014 at 02:29 PM.
1st June 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,712

5,739 posts
More
Why not import the messages directly using Bluetooth? Android 2.2 is practically antique, but I think it's supported by Nokia's "Transfer My Data" app (free, should have been pre-installed but is in the Store if not).
2nd June 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Why not import the messages directly using Bluetooth? Android 2.2 is practically antique, but I think it's supported by Nokia's "Transfer My Data" app (free, should have been pre-installed but is in the Store if not).

I still tried with Bluetooth and Tranfer my data: Adressbook has been imported but it didn't work with sms..
4th June 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,712

5,739 posts
More
Hmm. In that case, the only approach that comes to mind is to use a less-obsolete phone that can either sync your SMS from somewhere (does Android back them up?) or can import your file.

In theory, you could probably write an app (on PC, even) that would parse the XML and upload the messages to the WP8 message sync service, but that service is not documented in any way that I know of so it would take a lot of work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread