Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restore SMS by xml-file

Tip us?

ullim
Old
(Last edited by ullim; 1st June 2014 at 02:29 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Restore SMS by xml-file

Hello to all,
my wife switched to windows phone 8.1 (lumia 925) from android 2.2. Actually I'm wondering how to restore sms..
It's a big threat it seems. I've an xml file with all my sms-data inside. How can i import it into my windows phone?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2678
Why not import the messages directly using Bluetooth? Android 2.2 is practically antique, but I think it's supported by Nokia's "Transfer My Data" app (free, should have been pre-installed but is in the Store if not).
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

ullim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Why not import the messages directly using Bluetooth? Android 2.2 is practically antique, but I think it's supported by Nokia's "Transfer My Data" app (free, should have been pre-installed but is in the Store if not).
I still tried with Bluetooth and Tranfer my data: Adressbook has been imported but it didn't work with sms..

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2678
Hmm. In that case, the only approach that comes to mind is to use a less-obsolete phone that can either sync your SMS from somewhere (does Android back them up?) or can import your file.

In theory, you could probably write an app (on PC, even) that would parse the XML and upload the messages to the WP8 message sync service, but that service is not documented in any way that I know of so it would take a lot of work.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.