Root the s4

Search This thread

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh
Ok so I read a bit on the topic and it's a little confusing. So what do I have to do to actually get this thing up n rooted and flash roms.
Att galaxy s4
Android 4.4.2
NB1(whatever that means lol)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
Ok so I read a bit on the topic and it's a little confusing. So what do I have to do to actually get this thing up n rooted and flash roms.
Att galaxy s4
Android 4.4.2

There is no direct root method for 4.4. So, you have to follow Deadly Venom Kitkat Magic Tool.

Using the tool, you would first partial downgrade to MK2, root using saferoot and install safestrap 3.72 (the only working recovery for us). Using the remain steps in the tool, you should be able to flash any ROM of your choice from All things ATT thread

Reactions: dunn816

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Att galaxy s4
    Android 4.4.2

There is no direct root method for 4.4. So, you have to follow Deadly Venom Kitkat Magic Tool.

Using the tool, you would first partial downgrade to MK2, root using saferoot and install safestrap 3.72 (the only working recovery for us). Using the remain steps in the tool, you should be able to flash any ROM of your choice from All things ATT thread