Help on replashing other regoin.

26th May 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
I got a Note pro 12.2 from hongkong region n it has no Network Booster. So i flashed it with other region n i am stuck at hidden.img.ext4, so i tried again with another region, success flashing but almost all proccess stopped working. My firmware is TGY. anyone know any other region that is working?

Sent from my SM-P905 using XDA Free mobile app
28th May 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

26 posts
Exclamation Similar issue for me as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayat710

I got a Note pro 12.2 from hongkong region n it has no Network Booster. So i flashed it with other region n i am stuck at hidden.img.ext4, so i tried again with another region, success flashing but almost all proccess stopped working. My firmware is TGY. anyone know any other region that is working?

I am having a similar sort of problem. I accidentally installed the Chinese firmware, now I am unable to install the proper one (XAR - Cellular South) because Odin stops at system.img with a "FAIL!" notification.

If you get an answer, please let me know!
1st June 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
i tried flashing wif XSP.. flash successful but, all system process failed to run.

so i boot into recovery and wipe everything.

got network booster and my note pro seems to be stable.

give it a try
4th June 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 85

199 posts
@up
Please remember - flashing with odin overwrites the content of the /system (and some other minor partitions)partition BUT IT'S NOT TOUCHING /data CONTENT AT ALL!
/data is a partition dedicated for keeping all the settings and user data, contrary to /system which is read-only by default. Empty /data gets filled with first initial files during first boot of new firmware and it is being preserved during Odin flashes (which in general lets you to flash a newer firmware without losing the data, if you flashed an update for the same region as already installed on device or even different region - but there are some borders of compatibility!).

And it seems that content that has been created on /data after booting Chinese firmware is NOT compatibile at all with /system from the other region (maybe due to character encoding? dunno). New rom do not know that it has been "just flashed", it thinks otherwise, as there is some data on userdata partition. It manages to read the data.... and it fails (as it doesn't know mandarin symbols or something ;] ). Bump, it stucks....

The solution posted above is absolutely correct: enter recovery mode and perform factory reset (wipe data and cache partitions). Then, it will be possible to boot P905 ROM from any region.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread