Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung S5 G900F loose battery cover

Tip us?
 
a_k_gano
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 63
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Giza
Default Samsung S5 G900F loose battery cover

Hi All,

I have an issue with the S5 battery cover.

When I hold the phone and by mistake I squeeze it from the middle-right area of the body (as highlighted in the picture), the clips on the right side of the phone cracks and some how I need to push on the edge to push them back to their normal position.

I am afraid it impacts the water resistance of the device. and I am wondering about the material quality if it is that weak.

Please tell me if you have the same issue.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s5-back-1.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	2774489  
 
a_k_gano
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 63
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_k_gano View Post
Hi All,

I have an issue with the S5 battery cover.

When I hold the phone and by mistake I squeeze it from the middle-right area of the body (as highlighted in the picture), the clips on the right side of the phone cracks and some how I need to push on the edge to push them back to their normal position.

I am afraid it impacts the water resistance of the device. and I am wondering about the material quality if it is that weak.

Please tell me if you have the same issue.

Thanks,
Dears,

Any reply here?

Thanks
 
declan8888
Old
#3  
declan8888's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 538
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edinburgh
What do you mean cracks? Mine makes a small noise if I squeeze pretty hard but I don't think it will affect the water resistance as it's not disconnecting, just sounds like it's straining.

If it's a loud noticeable crack and you have to click it back in place afterwards then the side of the case could be open enough to let water in.



Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
 
Brava27
Old
#4  
Brava27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 691
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by declan8888 View Post
What do you mean cracks? Mine makes a small noise if I squeeze pretty hard but I don't think it will affect the water resistance as it's not disconnecting, just sounds like it's straining.

If it's a loud noticeable crack and you have to click it back in place afterwards then the side of the case could be open enough to let water in.



Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Just don't dunk it in water.
Telus Galaxy S5
HTC M8, LG G2, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Blackberry Torch 9810, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Tour 9630, iDEN Motorola i800, i790, etc, Motorola Pebble, Nokia 6000, Motorola StarTak
Telus
Toronto, Canada

 
declan8888
Old
#5  
declan8888's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 538
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edinburgh
I like to play 8 ball pool in the shower

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
 
a_k_gano
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 63
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by declan8888 View Post
What do you mean cracks? Mine makes a small noise if I squeeze pretty hard but I don't think it will affect the water resistance as it's not disconnecting, just sounds like it's straining.

If it's a loud noticeable crack and you have to click it back in place afterwards then the side of the case could be open enough to let water in.



Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks alot for the feedback.

It is some how not noticeable, but yes it needs to click it back in place afterwards.

Thanks,
 
a_k_gano
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 63
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Giza
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_k_gano View Post
Thanks alot for the feedback.

It is some how not noticeable, but yes it needs to click it back in place afterwards.

Thanks,
I tried it also in another mobile, and the same happened. looks like it is normal like this.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more

Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more