Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 35,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Questing about SM-G900H Octa core.

Tip us?

FearTheBeard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Questing about SM-G900H Octa core.

Hey Guys. I hope this is the right place to ask. Can anybody clarify for me about Exynos 5 Octa 5422. This is the processor that is installed on SM-G900H octa, am I right? I read a couple of sites and that's what I found

Quote:
new Octa 5422 pushes the boundaries even further. This system-on-chip pairs four low-power Cortex-A7 cores running at 1.5 GHz with four new high-performance Cortex-A15 running at 2.1 GHz.
Quote:
The Exynos 5 Octa (5422) hides four big cores (ARM Cortex®- A15 up to 2.1 GHz) for heavy loads and four small cores (ARM Cortex®- A7 up to 1.5 GHz) for lighter jobs under its skin.
so it says that there's 4 cores with 1.5 GHz and 4 cores with 2.1 GHz on Exynos 5 Octa 5422? Is this true? Because in the specification of Galaxy S5 SM-G900H I see 4 cores with 1.9 GHz and 4 cores with 1.3 GHz

Where is the true? Thanks a lot for the help!

FearTheBeard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
bump. anyone please?

walkermoon
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
bump. anyone please?
Of course it can go up to those values. But Samsung has down clocked the frequency with purpose. And they always do. Don't worry though. Soon you will have a kernel which would allow you to over clock the cores.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkermoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drakester09
Old
Thanks Meter 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkermoon View Post
Of course it can go up to those values. But Samsung has down clocked the frequency with purpose. And they always do. Don't worry though. Soon you will have a kernel which would allow you to over clock the cores.
Correct. Although I wouldn't OC, it already gets quite hot under full load, this device allows you to use all 8 cores at once.
The Following User Says Thank You to drakester09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FearTheBeard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
thanks guys!

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
thanks guys!
You also wouldn't notice any difference from 200mhz anyway, so don't worry haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]